27 May 2013

Product Review: GAIA Skincare Bergamot & Sandelwood Facial Exfoliant

I have always been interested in natural skincare products, but have to admit that since being pregnant, I have been even more aware of the ingredients in the products that I use, as many harsh ingredients are simply not recommended for use during pregnancy! Here’s what I think of the *GAIA Skincare Bergamot & Sandelwood Facial Exfoliant;

 
 
What They Say:
"This deep cleansing scrub gently polishes, smoothes and refines your skin's surface, removing excess oil and impurities, resulting in a clean, clear complexion and is ideal for deep cleansing blemishes and spots."

RRP: $10.95 (95ml) – Available from Priceline, selected pharmacies, and Gaia Online.

What I Say:

I have recently trialled the GAIA Belly Oil, which I absolutely love as so far I am convinced that using it is the reason why I at 36 weeks pregnant still haven’t got any stretchmarks. If you’ve missed my review, you can see it here. I have also recently reviewed the GAIA Lavender & Frankincense Body Wash and Body Moisturiser, which are equally amazing products. If you’ve missed those reviews, you can see them here)

Common for all the GAIA ranges, including their pregnancy, baby ranges and skincare ranges, are that they have been made without any of the ingredients known to irritate the skin or suspected of being harmful, so consequently the products do not contain any sulphates, petrochemicals, lanolin, paraben preservatives, propylene glycol, phthalates or artificial fragrances.  And of course the company is Australian owned, and the products Australian made, without being tested on animals. And that is just music to my ears!

The GAIA Skincare Bergamot & Sandelwood Facial Exfoliant is made from super-fine crushed walnut shells to stimulate the skin;s surface without scratching, the anti-oxidant properties of organic gingko biloba and organic ginseng help to improve skin tone and texture. It is enriched with the organic oils of avocado, evening primrose and wheat germ to provide essential fatty acids to nourish and moisturise, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and it contains a pure essential oil blend of organic sandalwood, bergamot, geranium and lavender known for their beneficial skin care properties, creates the perfect revitalising 'day spa' aroma, while organic chamomile leaves your skin feeling calm and soothed.

The first thing that struck me about the GAIA Skincare Bergamot & Sandelwood Facial Exfoliant, was how runny a formula it was compared to other facial exfoliants that I have previously used. It has a runny oily consistency with tiny crushed and powdered walnut shells. I thought it would mean I would spill it everywhere, and consequently waste half the product, however once I got used to the more runny formula, I actually loved it, as it actually just made it so much easier to massage over the face, neck and décolletage, without the need to dilute the cleanser by adding a lot of water.

After massaging the exfoliant into the skin for a few minutes, the ingredients absorb into the skin, only leaving the small scrubbing particles visible on the surface of the skin. Afterward, the cleanser is very easy to rinse off with warm water, and instantly my skin feels so soft and my skin feels thoroughly cleaned deep down every single pore. My skin is glowing and radiant.

And in spite of all the essential oils used in the formula, it doesn’t leave my skin feeling greasy either, or leave behind any greasy residue.

The facial exfoliant comes in a small grey plastic bottle with a flip lid, which makes it very easy to use. It has an absolutely gorgeous natural scent, no doubt coming from all the natural ingredients and essential oils used in the product, including the bergamot and sandalwood.

It is very concentrated, so a little goes a long way, so in spite of the bottle being just 95ml, it will last you for a very long time.

All in all this is a fantastic exfoliant, and I really love the fact that this exfoliant is natural, and doesn’t contain any nasties, it is so nice knowing that you are not drowning your skin in damaging chemicals. And because the walnut shells in the scrub are so fine, it is so gentle on the skin, so it would be perfect even for those with sensitive skin.
for consideration, and has reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy.


Have you ever tried any of the products from GAIA? Are you concerned with the use of chemicals in your skincare? Which facial exfoliant is your favourite?
 
 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig