1 October 2017

PRODUCT REVIEW: TREATING BLEMISH PRONE SKIN BIORE WITH ACNE SCRUB, PORE MINIMISER AND PORE STRIPS

I have all days suffered with a skin prone to breakouts, even today where I am so old I should be more focused on anti-ageing, my skin still has periods of being more temperamental than a teenager's skin. So when a batch of the newest anti-blemish products from Bioré landed on my desk, I couldn't wait to try them... 



Let's start with the Bioré Baking Soda Acne Scrub, which is a face scrub formulated for combination, acne prone skin. The scrub has been formulated with natural baking soda, and also contains salicylic acid to gently and effectively exfoliate the skin and remove all the dead skin cells that are clogging up the pores, including excess sebum. At the same time, it is helping treat existing acne and prevent future breakouts at the same time. The scrub has small scrubbing particles, and doesn't feel coarse on the skin, but actually rather gentle, but after each use, it leaves my skin feeling soft and sooth, and without it feeling dry or irritated, and I can definitely both see and feel it is leaving my skin clearer and more refined too. It has a slight cooling feeling on the skin, which I quite like and find rather refreshing in the mornings. As it is so gentle, it can be used twice daily if needed, otherwise 2 or three times per week. 

Then there's the Bioré Charcoal Acne Scrub, which has jumped on the bandwagon of using charcoal as an ingredient, which seems to be very popular in beauty products at the moment. It is a face scrub formulated for oily, acne prone skin. Along with the natural charcoal powder it also contains salicylic acid, and it promises to help exfoliate away any acne-causing dirt , clear away dead skin cells and absorb excess oil, to help give the skin a deep cleanse and help eliminate breakouts, all while being gentle on the skin, and not strip it from essential moisture or over dry it. It can also be used twice daily, or alternatively 2 or 3 times weekly as needed. The scrubbing particles in this seems slightly smaller than in the Baking Soda Acne Scrub, but regardless, after each use, my skin feels super clean deep down every pore.

The Bioré Charcoal Pore Minimiser is a facial exfoliator that contains natural charcoal powder along with micro crystals, and it promises to help draw out deep-down impurities, dirt and oil from the pores, to make them appear smaller, while leaving the skin feeling softer and smoother. Compared to other face exfoliators, this one has very tiny particles, so it does feel very gentle on the skin, yet it still feels like it is buffing away those dead cells clogging up the pores, as the skin is left soft afterwards, and I can clearly see that the excess oil, especially on my t-zone has been absorbed. The cleanser comes out dark grey, which is rather odd, but once you massage it into the skin with water, it does turn light grey/white. It is quite concentrated, so though it is recommended to use a full pump, I find that a little too much. It is recommended to use it 2 to three times per week, and unless you've got very oily skin, I'd stick to that, to ensure it doesn't dry out your skin. I have not really noticed that it has made any difference to the size of my pores. But that said, I quite like it as a deep clean once or twice a week, if I'm due for a face mask, or at that time of the month where my skin always feels a little greasier and tends to break out more often, as I do feel my skin is less greasy afterwards.

Finally, there's the Bioré Combo Deep Cleansing Pore Strips, which are long time favourites for both my husband and I. This box contains two types of pore strips, one type for the nose and one for the forehead. And they have been designed to unclog dirt and oil that can lead to blackheads, while helping to minimise the appearance of pores. The Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips for the face are designed to work like a magnet, and help lift out any dirt deep down the pores that can cause blackheads. The two types of strips in the box are slightly different, not only in shape, but also in the ingredients used. The Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips for the nose are shaped so they fit perfectly around the nose, and designed especially for the skin on the nose which tends to be greasier. And so they contain tea tree oil and witch hazel to remove twice the amount of dirt for fewer clogged pores and pores that will reduce in size.

The Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips, on the other hand, are designed for the rest of the face, including the forehead, and help lift out the dirt in the pores that can cause blackheads and breakouts. I don't really have that many blackheads on my forehead, but have struggled with a few on my cheeks, which I've tried to use the strips.

The strips are so easy to use, you simply wet your face and apply, and leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes before gently peeling it off. And you can immediately see their effectiveness, - a little bit gross, but also somewhat exciting that if you look at the used strip, you can actually see the dirt the strips have pulled out of your skin! Afterwards I like to wipe over my skin with a toner to close the pores. Using these on a regular basis definitely makes a difference to the amount of blackheads and breakouts on my nose, so we like to always keep a box handy, just in case.


So there you go, a selection of budget friendly products from Bioré for those who like me struggle with breakouts. Apart from the Pore Strips, favourite of the bunch would have to be the Charcoal Acne Scrub, as its super quick and easy to use a few times a week in the shower, and really makes a difference to the amount of breakouts on my skin.


Bioré Baking Soda Acne Scrub - RRP: $9.99 / 127g
Bioré Charcoal Acne Scrub - RRP: $9.99 / 127g
Bioré Charcoal Pore Minimiser - RRP: $10.99 / 92ml
Bioré Combo Deep Cleansing Pore Strips - RRP: $11.01 / 7+7 strips

Available from Coles, Woolworths, Variety Stores, Priceline, Chemist Warehouse and selected pharmacies 


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.


Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig