12 October 2017

PRODUCT REVIEW: BURTS BEES GLOSS LIP CRAYON AND TINTED LIP OIL

One of those brands that I rave about again and again is Burt's Bees. They have some gorgeous skincare products, but I am also so in love with their lip products. Today I've looking into two different types from their range.. 



I've said it before, but I absolutely love lip crayons. There is just something about them that makes them so super quick and easy to apply thanks to the pointy tip, and then you simply wind it up, as more product is needed. Lots of brands have done them by now, but one of my favourites include the Burt’s Bees Gloss Lip Crayon, which made of 100% natural ingredients, which definitely give them huge bonus points. These lip sticks are made using shea butter, kendi oil, jojoba oil and community sources beeswax to nourish the lips, and feel so incredibly gorgeous on the slips. Soft and smooth, its literally like wearing a lip balm, yet they have a surprisingly good colour payoff, that you can build up to almost intense with an additional coat. There are six shades in the range, and I've put three to the test;

  • Bordeaux Vines - a dark deep purple red shade 
  • Pacific Coast - a deep pinky red shade 
  • Tahitian Sunset - a medium pink fuschia shade 

Top-Bottom: Bordeaux Vines, Pacific Coast, Tahitian Sunset

Burt's Bees claim they have a wear of up to 8 hours, but I unfortunately can only get them to last a few hours on my lips, which is my only negative about these. However, they feel so lovely on the lips, and are clearly caring for my lips as I wear them, as when they've worn off my lips feel soft and smooth. The three shades I tried are all beautiful, and I actually cannot pick a favourite, and have found myself alternating which one I've been using. I will definitely need to check out the remaining three shades in the range too..

Then there's the Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Oil. I've only just discovered lip oils, and generally I loving them. The oil-based formula contains among others meadowfoam seed extract, known to be rich in fatty acids and antioxidants to nourish the skin; coconut oil, along with beeswax, to help strengthen the barrier of the delicate lip skin, and reduce the appearance of fine lines for healthy-looking lips. Again, I really love that they are made from 100% natural ingredients, so they contain absolutely no nasty chemicals.

The lip oils thus aim to hydrate the lips, while giving the a sheer touch of colour and shine, but without being sticky and tacky. There lips oils are available in six different shades, and I put three to the test;

Misted Plum - a pale purple mauve shade
Crimson Breeze - a red tint
Whispering Orchid - a light pink shade 



Top to Bottom: Misted Plum, Crimson Breeze, Whispering Orchid

Again, these lip oils are not intended to add heaps of colour, and they don't though, the darker the shade, naturally the more colour pay-off on the lips - and consequently why I prefer the darker shades such as Misted Plum and Crimson Breeze. The oils literally absorb into the lips and feels so beautiful and so hydrating on the lips, without any greasiness or tackiness. If you're after a bold lip, these are not for you, but the sheer wash of colour makes them perfect if you're after a subtle look for a casual day out. I am really enjoying them, as they are such a refreshing change to sticky glosses, and I love the fact that they treat my lips as I wear them.

So not surprisingly, these lip products from Burt's Bees are really worth trying. Beautiful shades, natural ingredients and budget friendly prices too. What's not to love!


Burt’s Bees Gloss Lip Crayon - RRP: $16.95 / 2.83g
Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Oil - RRP: $16.95 / 1.18ml

Available from David Jones, Myer, Priceline, and select pharmacies


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig