23 October 2017

PRODUCT REVIEW: GIRLACTIC MATTE LIP PAINTS FROM THE BEAUTY DRAWERS




One of those US brands I've seen a lot of hype about amongst beauty bloggers is Girlactic, so it was very exciting when the new online store, The Beauty Drawers announced that they would be stocking their products. As I was selected to be brand ambassador for The Beauty I was lucky to be able to put some of the Girlactic Lip Paints to the test.. 

The Girlactik Matte Lip Paints are known as one of the original liquid lipsticks and are very pigmented. When you apply them, you wait a minute or so for it to dry to a matte colour, that feels lovely on the lips without any dryness or flaking. The Beauty Drawers stocks a massive 18 shades ranging from nude to very dark and bold shades, and I've put 4 of those to the test; 

  • Startlet - a medium dusty pink 
  • Blossom - a medium berry shade 
  • Seductive - a dark berry shade
  • Iconic - a classic red shade 

The lipsticks come in simple, yet modern packaging with a flower detail and a dark metallic lid. And I love that the tube is clear so that you can clearly see the shade of the lipsticks, which is very true to colour.


The actual lipsticks are very soft and smooth, and feel so comfortable on the lips, as there really are no dryness. And the velvety matte finish is just gorgeous. And they seriously are pigmented, just the tiniest swipe will give you sufficient colour to cover your lips. But do be careful an take your time to stay within the lip line for a clean professional look. I like using a lip liner first - if you do 'miss' it can be a little tricky to clean up again due to the pigmentation, but is obviously possible with a bit of i.e. micellar water on a cotton bud and some concealer. 



L-R: Startlet, Blossom, Seductive and Iconic

Once on the lips, they have stay put for hours and hours, even surviving drinking water and coffee, though they do tend to wear off if eating greasier food. Removal is best and most easily done with a waterproof eye makeup remover. The lipsticks have a sweet smell of caramel and vanilla, which most will love.

Generally, I am not a huge fan of matte lip paints, as I simply find they so drying and thus uncomfortable on the lips, plus as they look dry, they usually also quickly look pretty horrible on the lips too. But, I have to say that I am very impressed with these Matte Lip Paints from Girlactic. The formula is gorgeous, they are insanely pigmented, and surprisingly, in spite of the matte finish, they feel so moisturising and comfortable on the lips all day. The colours I tried are all amazing, and while my initial reaction was that I preferred the red Iconic, I am actually loving the other shades so much too, with Blossom coming second and Seductive third. Startlet is also a beautiful shade, it is merely my preference for darker and bolder shades that have my pick the others first.

So if you haven't yet tried these Matte Lip Paints from Girlactic, do yourself a favour and try, I know you'll love them too.


Girlactic Matte Lip Paints - RRP: $35.95 / 7.5ml
Available from The Beauty Drawers

* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.


Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig