26 October 2017

PRODUCT REVIEW: BLACKWOOD BAMBOO CHARCOAL SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER FROM AMR HAIR AND BEAUTY




Using charcoal really is the latest craze and is used in everything from facemasks, to toothpaste - and today I am excited to share with you the Blackwood Bamboo Charcoal Shampoo and Treatment, which are available from the online store AMR Hair and Beauty.

The bamboo charcoal used in these products is high in antioxidants which gently help draw out dirt, toxins, pollutants, oil, build-up and impurities from the hair, while stimulating the scalp circulation to help restore shine and softness for a healthier hair. As the products are so gentle, they are suitable for everyday use. 

Not surprisingly, the products are coloured by the charcoal, with the shampoo almost black and the conditioner a very dark charcoal grey, which did take me back a little on first use as it simply looked a little scary.

The shampoo lathered up to a light grey soft foam, while the conditioner did for a moment make my hair look darker. But don't be scared, it all rinses out again. Both products have a slight cooling sensation on the scalp, which I guess explains the stimulating benefits of the products.

I have never tried haircare products containing charcoal before, so I had no idea what to expect, but after using these products, my long and slightly dry coloured hair, was left feeling clean and soft, and so easy to comb out without any tangles. And once dried naturally, my hair is life, looking healthy and shiny.

The products have a lovely fresh scent, and they come in huge 500ml pump bottles which I really like as they are so easy to use in the shower. The white bottles have a black bamboo leaf motif on the label, which looks simple, yet still stylish.
Overall I am surprised that I've not tried other charcoal haircare products before, as I am really impressed with these from Blackwood. Great quality, and considering the huge bottles, they come at a great price too, so definitely worth trying out if you feel your hair needs a little extra TLC.


Blackwood Bamboo Charcoal Shampoo - RRP: $24 / 500ml
Blackwood Bamboo Charcoal Conditioner - RRP: $24 / 500ml

Available from AMR Hair & Beauty 



* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.



Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig