24 October 2017

PRODUCT REVIEW: MIKATVONK MAKEUP BY JAY JAY RAUWENHOFF




Today I'm going to talk about a brand that is completely new to me, Mikatvonk Makeup by Jay Jay. 

Jay Jay Rauwenhoff is Dutch born, now Sydney based international celebrity makeup artist and educator who opened the first boutique cosmetics educational institute, Makeup School Sydney, in 2009. She has now teamed up with a world renowned Korean cosmetics chemist to create a luxurious beauty line infused with skin-care benefits. I've put a selection the products to the test, and here's my thoughts..

The Mikatvonk Prestige Anti Wrinkle Primer immediately caught my interest, with my ageing, yet combination skin. It contains adenosine and ceramide to improve your skin and minimise the appearance of reduce the appearance of lines. It also contains fine hologram shimmer pearl to help illuminate the skin and minimise the appearance of imperfections. As well as blurring wrinkles and fine lines, it also helps reduce the appearance of enlarged pores, and prevent the skin from getting and shiny to keep the makeup stay put for longer. I like that it is an oil-free formula, and it is easy to apply and spread out on the skin, and afterwards my makeup seems to glide on so much easier, and it really does stay looking nice for longer. I have also enjoyed using it on its own, on non-makeup days, as it immediately gives my skin a radiant and luminous glow, without looking too shimmery or glittery.

Then there's the Cover Max Hydrating Foundation, which is a hydrating foundation that contains hydrating essences and skin fit powder to help cover imperfections and pores, giving a medium to high coverage while looking semi-matte but with still with a nice radiant sheen - and I really like that. With increased pigmentation and acne scarring, I do like a great coverage, but find that matte foundations often look dry on my skin, and accentuates fine lines and wrinkles. But not this one, which keeps my skin soft and hydrated, and natural looking. The light creamy gel feels quite weightless on my skin and it is easy to apply and blend. It initially goes on medium, but again, you can build it up if and where needed. Used with the primer, it really does stay put all day on my greasy skin, no touch-ups required.

Next up is the Mikatvonk Auto Eye Brow Pencil which is a hard kohl pencil that makes it super easy to draw feather fine strokes to fill in sparse brows like mine, while still looking very natural. It also comes with a spoolie brush in the other end of the pencil to help comb the brows into shape. I used the shade Dark Brown on my medium brown brows, and it was the perfect shade. So super easy to use, and I love that it stays put all day without fading or smudging, yet removes easily at night without rubbing too much.

Finally, there's the Mikatvonk Single Eye Shadows. There are 20 different shades in the range in a combination of matte and shimmer, and I've put three different shades to the test;

  • White Pearl Shine - a pearlescent pure white shade, with a faint pink-purple-bluish sheen 
  • Sugarberry Gray - A medium grey shade with just a touch of sheen 
  • Matte Brown - a dark chocolate brown shade with a matte finish 

Common for all these shades is that they are so silky soft and super pigmented so they can be built up to intense colour, even the white! They are easy to apply with your preferred brush, and also blend, and they simply stay putt all day without fading, or settling into creases. They are made using vitamins and minerals and premium vegetable oils to keep the eye area hydrated. The shades that I tried are true classic shades, and colours that I'd reach for most days.


So there you go, makeup from Mikatvonk, which I personally have enjoyed putting to the test, they are all of a high quality and of a very reasonable price too. If I had to pick out favourites from this bunch, it would have to be the primer and the foundation which I feel really stand out. I love that the primer is incorporating anti-ageing ingredients and making my skin look radiant, and the that the foundation can offer such a high coverage, while still looking so natural.


Mikatvonk Prestige Anti Wrinkle Primer - RRP: $40 / 60ml
Mikatvonk Cover Max Hydrating Foundation - RRP: $40 / 35ml
Mikatvonk Auto Eye Brow Pencil - RRP: $20 / 0.2g
Mikatvonk Single Eye Shadows - RRP: $10 each / 3.5g

Available from Mikatvonk Makeup

* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.


Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig