23 October 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW: DESIGN.ME PUFF.ME AND POWDERDRY ME FROM IGLAMOUR




As a beauty addict, there is nothing I love more than coming across new beauty brands, and when a selection of Design.Me haircare products landed on my desk, courtesy of iglamour, I couldn’t wait to put them to the test..

Design.Me is a Canadian brand, which revolutionised the haircare world by launching the first ever volumising powder in a pump known as Design.ME Puff.ME* (pink bottle) and Design.ME Puff.ME Light* (white bottle), the ladder which is designed for thin and fine hair.

These clever hair volumisers spray with a a super fine cloud of fine translucent dust, to make it even easier to use, and apply evenly throughout the roots of the hair.

It can be used to both damp and dry hair, but spraying it a few centimetres away from the hair, spraying a few times, focusing on the roots, and then gently massaging it into the hair with your fingers.

With long and thick hair, I am so used to having flat and limp hair, and usually prefer my hair on the days I don’t wash it and use dry shampoo, as it helps give it more volume - but I have to say that I am amazed at how much volume this is giving my hair, and all while making it so much easier to style too. And after use, you wouldn’t even know, as it leaves no residue in the hair, and has no scent at all, unlike most dry-shampoos, which leaves a the usual mattifying white cast, or a powdery fallout. When using it, my hair is so much easier to tease up, and helps it stay put too, and yet without weighing it down, and as it is translucent and so super fine, you wouldn’t even know by looking at your hair that you’ve used it. It’s seriously so clever.

With my long thick hair, the Pink original version is obviously best suited to my hair, but even so I actually also feel that the white Light version makes a considerable difference too.

The bottles do look small, but you seriously only need to use the smallest amount, and in actual fact, I find that if you use too much, your hair will end up feeling a little sticky which is only a good thing, as using it sparingly, means that the bottle will last you so much longer.

I also tried the Design.ME PowderDry.ME* which is a which is a liquid blowdrying spray that promises to cut your blowdrying time in half. It does so by leaving a lubricious thin layer around the hair fibres providing better alignment of the fibres thus preventing entrapment of water molecules due to tangling, as well as helping to make the water in the hair “bead”out instead of soak into the hair, so that the excess water is easier and faster to be removed.

And to be honest, it sounds like music to my ears. With my long thick hair, drying it simply takes for ever. Hours and hours if I leave it to dry naturally, which I do a lot of the time, and mainly as I don’t want to constantly cause heat damage to my hair. But even when a quality hairdryer, it still takes for ever. So the sound of faster drying time, sound amazing, not least to save time, but also to put the hair through less heat stying. 


In addition, the PowderDry.ME also promises to smooth and condition the hair, help control frizz and protect if from heat and UV rays.

It is best used in clean damp, and sprayed from roots to ends, before you start to dry and style it. I’ve used it both before using a hairdryer, but also when letting it air dry naturally, and either way, it really does make a difference, with my hair drying faster. And once dry, my hair feels soft and smooth, and shiny, with frizz clearly tamed too.

It comes in a pretty lavender-purple bottle, and it has a gorgeous floral scent that continues to linger in the hair for some time, even once it is dry.

These products really are so lovely and so unique and different to any haircare products I’ve previously tried. I can easily see myself repurchasing the PowderDry.ME again, and as for the Puff.ME is so handy to have at hand when you want to extra volume, or want to achieve a special up-do etc.

I also love that these products are made without any chemical nasties, and are cruelty free too. And you just got to love those pretty bottles too.

There are a few more products available in Canada, not yet available via Iglamour, such as Hold.ME and Fab.ME, but I have my fingers crossed that they’ll arrive at our shores soon too, as I have no doubt they’ll be as amazing as the Puff.ME and PowderDry.ME, and definitely worth a try.


Design.ME Puff.ME - RRP: $27.95 / 9.1g
Design.ME Puff.ME Light - RRP: $27.95 / 9.1g
Design.ME PowderDry.ME - RRP: $27.95 / 230ml

Available from iglamour


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on
Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig