25 October 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW: PCA SKIN INTENSIVE BRIGHTENING TREATMENT, SOCIETE AGE DEFYING BOOSTING PADS AND TRIPLE C SERUM




With my ageing skin with increasing pigmentation, I am always on the look out for products that will help target the signs of ageing, which at the same time being suitable for my combination, breakout prone skin. The two ingredients that I’ve found lately to be particularly effective are Retinol for use at night, and vitamin C during the day.

I’ve put a few different products to the test that are including those ingredients, including

  • Societe Age Defying Boosting Pads*
  • PCA Skin Intensive Brightening Treatment*
  • Societe Triple C Serum*

The Societe Age Defying Boosting Pads are designed to target the skin in 9 different, helping to reduce the appearance of deeper lines and wrinkles, while providing antioxidant protection to the skin, and helping to improve the skin’s texture and even the complexion. They also help the skin retain moisture, and increase skin firmness.

The pads contain among others;

  • Matrixyl®3000 - to support the skin’s rejuvenation process, and promote smoother skin and more even skin tone
  • Matrixyl®3000 - promotes the smoothing appearance as well as the tone of the skin.
  • Retinol - to treat ageing and UV-damaged skin, improving cell renewal resulting in superior resurfacing and smoothing effects.
  • Retinyl Linoleate - retinoate esters that add increased performance of the retinol, but allowing it to be used with minimal irritation.
  • Ascorbyl Glucoside - Non-acidic Vitamin C that converts to L-ascorbic acid once permeated in the skin. 
  • Sodium Hyaluronate - helps draw moisture and bind it to the skin to restore a youthful appearance, and leave the skin feeling smooth]
  • Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan - to soothe, calm and support the skin’s own antioxidant activity, protect the skin from environmental damage and help retain moisture, and assist in the renewal process 


The pads are to be used in the evening, after cleansing, but simply wiping a pre-soaked pad evenly over the face for a few minutes, and avoiding the eye area. You do not rinse the face afterwards, but leave the serum to absorb into the skin before applying your usual skincare products.

I really enjoy using these pads, they are a quick and easy way of giving my skin a treatment, without putting on a face mask that has to sit for a while to work, and then be rinsed off. This is simply so easy.

I started using then every night, and immediately after each use, I can see how my skin is simply feeling both smoother and softer, but also more glowing, and without feeling sticky. And in the morning after using a pad a night, and letting the serum absorb into my skin, my skin is left looking healthy and radiant. 


At night, after the Societe Age Defying Boosting Pads, I’ve been using the PCA Skin Intensive Brightening Treatment, which has been designed to help discolouration and pigmentation, brightens and even the skin tone, while smoothes the skin texture.

It contains among others;

  • Retinol – 0.5% pure retinol to help promote a clear complexion and an even skin tone
  • Resveratrol – an antioxidant that encourages a bright, even skin tone.
  • Niacinamide – a calming antioxidant that reduces water loss, reduces excess oil production and improves uneven skin tone.
  • Hexylresorcinol – to promote an even skin tone and reduce inflammation that can lead to discolouration

As retinol can be quite intense and irritating on the skin, it is always advised to build up the skin’s resistance, by starting out using it twice per week and gradually increasing until you can use every night. I’ve been using retinol for quite some time, so my skin is very used to it, so I immediately started using it nightly, and without any issues or irritation. It’s worth noting that it is very concentrated and you only need to use the smallest amount, and using too much can, in my experience, contribute to skin irritation. So use it sparingly, which as a bonus means that the small tube will last you a long time.

And while I admit that I’ve used retinol at stronger formulations than the 0.5%, and thus wasn’t sure it would as effective as my previous products, I have to admit that I was immediately surprised. After just a few uses, I started seeing results with especially dark marks from previous acne significantly lighter, as well as an overall brighter complexion - but also clearer complexion as the retinol clearly helps keep my skin less greasy (but without drying it out!), and thereby helps to normalise my oil production and help reduce breakouts. Used in conjunction with the Boosting Pads, I also feel that I see a clear difference to my lines, especially those fine ones on my forehead, starting to look less visible.


Finally, during the day, prior to my usual day cream, I’ve been using the Societe Triple C Serum. This serum contains among others;

  • Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ascorbyl Glucoside and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate - three forms of Vitamin C to create a synergistic combination that remains stable for longer periods, offering high antioxidant, collagen boosting properties without irritation. It also provides longer-lasting benefits of Vitamin C throughout the day
  • Apple Stem Cells - to combat signs of ageing

The Societe Triple C Serum also promises to help smooth lines and wrinkles, protect from UV and DNA damage, and help brighten the skin, making it clearer and more healthy looking.

Often I find that Vitamin C serums can be a little greasy, which is not great when you have skin tending on the oilier side. However, I think that this Societe Triple C Serum is the lightest one I’ve ever used. It is a very thin liquid, which I really like, as it absorbs so easily, and without any greasiness. The downside is that you do have to be cautious when you pump it out so you do not risk wasting it.

And after using it for a while in the mornings under my usual day cream, I can definitely tell a difference in the look and feel of my skin. It looks softer, smoother, and firmer, clearly more even in tone, and overall just brighter and more radiant and healthy.

These products are noting short of incredible, and have made a significant difference to the look and feel of my skin in a short period of time. Again, I’ve been using the products in my skincare routine, so it is tricky to distinguish results from individual products, but I’m loving the overall result, as my skin simply looks and feels better. I can easily see myself purchasing these products again, and if you too are struggling with signs of ageing including lines, wrinkles and pigmentation, then I highly recommend that you give then a try. I'm pretty keen on getting my hands on more products from both brands, as while they may not be the cheapest, oh boy, are they effective!!


Societe Age Defying Boosting Pads - RRP $114.40 / 60 pads
PCA Skin Intensive Brightening Treatment - RRP: AUD RRP $157
Societe Triple C Serum - RRP: AUD RRP $172

For stockists call - 1800 648 851


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig