11 October 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW: PIXI BEAUTY INCL GLOW TONIC AND GLOW-Y GLOSSAMER FROM TVSN


Pixi Beauty is one of those beauty brands everyone’s raving about, in particular beauty bloggers. For some reason I’ve never gotten around to trying any of their products, and I’ve been so hanging to, so needless to say that I was beyond excited when a selection of the Pixi Beauty products arrived on desk thanks to TVSN.

Pixi Beauty is a UK brand, that was launched over 15 years ago by makeup artist & product developer Petra Strand in the flagship boutique in Soho, London. Since then, the brand has achieved a worldwide following, thanks to the innovative formulations that are infused with botanicals and beneficial ingredients, making them multitasking, flaw-fixing, youth-enhancing products for women on-the-go with no time to spare. Perfect for this busy mummy with two little kids!!

I put the following to the test:
  • Pixi Skintreats Glow Tonic
  • Pixi by Petra Glow-y Glossamer Duo 
  • Pixi by Petra Endless Silky Eye Pen
  • Pixi by Petra LipLift Max
  • Pixi Beauty Correction Concentrate 

Let’s start with the Pixi Skintreats Glow Tonic, which is the product that I’ve most excited about and had on my wish list to try try for so long. It contains 5% Glycolic Acid to help not just sweet away impurities, but also help renew the skin by giving it a gentle exfoliation lifting away the dead skin cells, and also helping to brighten and fade pigmentation.

I admit that I have often skipped using a toner, but since getting this, I’ve gotten addicted to using it morning and evening after cleansing, and before serum and moisturiser. Often glycolic toners irritate or dry out the skin, or sting, but not this one. It leaves the skin feeling so soft and smooth, and with an immediate glow. Not wonder where it got its name. Since using it, I have also felt that it has helped clear up my skin, reduce oiliness and reduce the amount of breakouts I’ve been getting. And when using in the morning, I also feel that it leaves my skin with a better base for makeup, leaving it looking better, and shine-free for longer. I will definitely be repurchasing it again and again.

Then there’s the Pixi Beauty Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach. When I first saw the little jar of peach coloured cream, and although it does bear the name, correction concentrate, I didn’t quite know what to do with it, as frankly, I’ve never used a peach coloured concealer before, and to me, it looked more like a cream eye shadow. I certainly didn’t think that the peach shade would match my medium beige skin tone. But I’ve gotta eat my words, I was wrong. This correction concentrate contains among others Rose Hip Concentrate to help regenerate cells and boost elasticity, Vitamin A to fight anti-ageing, Vitamin C to brighten and revitalise and Vitamin W to nourish and protect.

The actual cream is very concentrated, and yes, it really does match my skin, miraculously blending into my skin, helping to blur those dark circles around my eyes, making them look brighter and fresher, and simply helping to hide the fact that with two little kids, I am always tired. The Concentrate has a creamy, yet slightly dry consistency, yet it doesn’t settle into or accentuate the fine lines around my eyes, which I really like. It is also quite concentrated so you only need the smallest amount. I actually find it easiest to blend in with my fingers, but as you use the jar, it may be easier to ‘scoop’ out using a brush. I’ve liked using it both on its own without wearing any other makeup, to make me look a little more awake, but it also works great under makeup, and stays put all day, without fading or creasing.

Next is the Glow-y GLossamer Duo which I tried in the shade Subtle Sunrise. This duo contains a pale gold shade along with a darker more pinkish rose gold shade. I admit that I didn’t really expect a lot from this highlighting powder, as it is not really that expensive, so I honestly didn’t think that it would compare to my high-end highlighters that I tend to reach for. But I was wrong. The powders are so velvety soft, and they are so pigmented, but without leaving you with an over the top shimmery or glittery look, rather you get the most stunning lit-from-within luminous glow, that still looks so natural and just stunning on the skin.

I’ve been using them to the high points of my face, including the cheekbones, and they are so easy to apply and bend out with a brush, though I actually find it a lot easier doing it with my fingers. I’ve also been using them on top of a blush, for extra sheen. 


Then there’s the Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen, which I tried in the shade Rose Glow. The Rose Glow name suggests that it is a rose gold shade, it is actually more of a bronze metallic shade, and it such a pretty shade, perfect for brightening up. The actual eye liner is incredibly soft and creamy, and it simply glides on. And once it has had a few seconds to set, the waterproof formula really does meant that it doest budge or smudge all day, regardless if used on the last line or on the waterline. You can of course smudge it out, but you just have to make sure to do it quickly before it dries and sets. It is so easy to use, and I love that it is so soft that that you can apply it without dragging at the sensitive eye area. I definitely need to get my hands on some more shades, including especially a dark brown and black.

Finally, there’s the Pixi LipLift Max which I tried in the shade Sweet Nectar. This is a Volume-maximizing lip treatment that contains peptide so hydrate, firm and plum the lips, along with aloe to heal, jojoba to moisturise and chamomile to sooth. The lipgloss has a lovely cooling and slight tingling sensation to the lips thank sot the added mint, which also gives it a lovely fresh flavour. The lipgloss can be used either on its own, as a pre-treatment before any other lip colour, or on top of your usual lipstick, for extra gloss.

The shade Sweet Nectar has a lovely pale coral shade, but once on the lips, it looks very natural, and blends in with your lip colour, and just giving a touch of colour and high gloss. It feels so lovely and smooth on the lips, and really does make my lips appear slightly plumper, though not as much as I’d expected considering that’s its key selling point. But regardless it is a lovely gloss, and I love that it is not sticky.


All in all I’ve really loved putting these products from Pixi Beauty to the test, the quality is great, the look lovely and feel beautiful on the skin, and they’re fairly well priced too.

My favourite was by far the Glow Tonic, which I’ll without a doubt repurchase again once I run out. But I also loved the Glow-y GLossamer Duo and know I’ll keep reaching for it again and again, and I am wanting to on get my fingers a few darker shades of the Eye Pens, as well as I’m certainly keen on trying more products from the Pixi range, now I know what all the hype is about!!

I also want to say that I am so super impressed with the range of beauty  brands available through TVSN, brands that are not available elsewhere, and at super great deals. Definitely worth checking out too.



Pixi Beauty Skintreats Glow Tonic - RRP: $44.95 / 250ml
Pixi Beauty Correction Concentrate in Brightening Peach - RRP: $29.95 / 3g
Pixi Beauty Glow-Y Collection - RRP: $59.95 including;
  • Pixi Beauty Glow-Y Gossamer Duo in Subtle Sunrise 8.3g
  • Pixi Beauty Liplift Max in Sweet Nectar 2.7g
  • Pixi BeautyEndless Silky Eye Pen in Rose Glow 1.2g
Available from TVSN


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.


Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig