30 June 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW: AVEDA DAMAGE REMEDY RESTRUCTURING SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER AND DAILY HAR REPAIR FOR HEALTHIER AND STRONGER HAIR



One of these haircare brands I’ve never really tried, is Aveda, so when I was kindly gifted a selection of products from the Aveda Damage Remedy range to trial, I couldn’t wait to put them to the test..

Aveda keeps in line with Ayurvedic principles and s committed to using organic ingredients from Pure Flower and Plant Essences and naturally derived ingredients whenever possible, simply because they not only deliver high performance, but are also kinder to the planet.

In addition, promising exceptional performance of the products formulated without parabens, phthalates and sodium lauryl sulfate. But Aveda also commits to an environmental and social responsibility by responsibly sourcing key ingredients from different habitats all over the world, through fair compensation, to help positively impact the people and economies from which some of the products' ingredients are sourced.

Now, let’s get onto talking about the products. I tried the following:
  • Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Shampoo 
  • Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner
  • Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair 

This range promises to help protect and repair your hair from environmental damage, chemical damage, heat damage and physical damage, including detangling and strengthening to prevent breakage and split ends.

The First step is the Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Shampoo*, which is a very gentle shampoo containing quinoa protein to help repair and strengthen damaged hair, along with surfactants derived from lipid-rich babassu oil to help gently wash away pollutants which can cause damage, while naturally derived conditioners help leave it smooth and soft.

I tend to wash my long, coloured and slightly dry hair every 2 to 3 days, and I single wash is sufficient to clean my hair without the need for a second wash. And even before the use of the conditioner, I can feel that it is clean, yet not feeling ‘squeaky’ or dry.

Secondly, I follow with the Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner*, which is a thick and rich conditioner containing the same quinoa proteins to help repair and strengthen damaged hair, while naturally derived conditioners target the damaged areas of the hair to help provide intense detangling to prevent breakage, all while leaving the hair smooth and soft.

The conditioner absorbs immediately into my hair, and after leaving it in for a few minutes, it is easily rinsed out without the hair feeling sticky or greasy. And combing out my hair afterwards hasn’t been this easy for a long time. It is done quickly and without any snags or tangles.

The third and final step is the Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair*, which is a leave-in treatment that is best used in newly washed, damp hair. Also containing the quinoa protein, the treatment helps instantly repairs the integrity of the hair's surface and protects it from heat styling, for a hair that is stronger and longer.

I don’t use a hair dryer, or straighten my hair very often, but I love how just the smallest amount of this into my damp hair, concentrating on the ends, have made such a huge difference to my dry ends, bringing them back to life and making them feel and look softer and smoother.

But of course, I’ve been using the Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair in connection with the Shampoo and Conditioner, so it is difficult to say how individual products have worked on their own. But overall, I have to say that I am very impressed with the products. Now my hair was not in a very bad state before I started using them, but it was a little dry in the ends with some split ends, and at times it could be difficult to comb out. 

So what were my overall thoughts on the products.. 
To be honest, I am very impressed, as after just a few uses of these Damage Remedy products, my hair no longer looks as dry, but both looks and feels so much healthier and it is so silky soft to touch, with a healthy glossy shine. The dry and split ends look are still there (I personally don’t think anything can mend them, apart from a good trim at the hairdresser!), however, I do feel that they look a lot healthier too, and that annoying frizz is also tamed, and my hair is generally easier to manage.

The products come in simple earthy toned tubes and bottles, which are a little boring, but supposed that they represent the earth natural ingredient used in them, plus, it really is whats inside that counts, right.

They all have a natural herbal scent from Aveda's own pure-fume™ aroma which includes certified organic bergamot, mandarin, ylang ylang and other pure flower and plant essences. It is a quite spicy and heavy natural scent, and personally I would have preferred the scent to be a little more subtle, or perhaps fresher and lighter, but once you’ve washed your hair and its dried, the subtle scent that remains lingering in the hair, is actually quite pleasant.

These products do not come cheap, but the quality is premium, and they really do delivery results, so I feel they’re a good investment for your hair, so if you’re hair is in need of some good TLC after one too many chemical treatments and heat styling sessions, you’d without doubt benefit from using these.


Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Shampoo -RRP: $49 / 250ml
Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner - RRP: $49 / 200ml
Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair - RRP: $49 / 100ml

Available from Aveda


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.
Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram


Share:

1 comment

  1. I've been using Damage Remedy for a while and I really love it! I'm completely addicted to the Shampure line. The scent is just so good! But Aveda always smells wonderful! Whenever I pass by a salon, I'm always lured in by the wonderful fragrance!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig