22 June 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW: AROMATHERAPY ASSOCIATES REVIVE BODY LOTION



One of those brands I’ve heard a lot of great things about, but never had a chance to try, is Aromatherapy Associates, so when a Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Lotion* landed on my desk for me to put to the test, I couldn’t have been more excited.

The Aromatherapy Associates is a London brand which has the simple philosophy of sharing the true power of essential oils and the incredible effects they have at a therapeutic level.

Their products are blended by artisans using essential oils with unique active botanicals, resulting in beautiful, glowing, healthy skin free from harsh chemicals and unnecessary synthetics. But the products can also stimulate our senses and emotions and have a dynamic effect on our emotional state, helping to transform our moods. Here’s my thoughts on the Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Lotion;

  • It is rich in softening omega fatty acids, thanks to containing among others hydrating sodium hyaluronate, hemp seed oil, watermelon seed oil, and juniper to leave the skin plump. 
  • It contains a blend of essential oils from among others grapefruit , rosemary and juniper to invigorate and revitalise and help stimulate circulation, and help detoxify the skin and regulate sebum production. But it also contains mandarin peel oil, orange oil, peach leaf extract, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, aloe vera leaf juice as well as neroli essential oil to help calm the mind and body and balance the skin. 
  • The body lotion is a light yet very moisturising body lotion, and it absorbs quickly into the skin without any greasiness or tackiness, which I quite like. And it leaves the skin feeling so beautiful soft and supple, and so silky smooth. 
  • Thanks to the natural essential oils, it has the most beautiful fresh citrusy zesty scent that really is so invigorating and revitalising. The perfect boost for the morning. I also like how the scent continues to linger on the skin for hours for hours after applying it. It is absolutely beautiful, and I am so in love with this scent.
  • As it is non-sticky and absorbs so quickly, I have also found myself using it as a hand cream, just as an excuse to use it again and smell it a little more.
  • It comes in a pretty light turquoise tube that looks so pretty in the bathroom. 
  • On the negative, it is a little on the expensive side for a body lotion, but everything from the packaging, the consistency of the cream, to the scent just oozes luxe. 

This was my first introduction to Aromatherapy Associates, and I have to say that I am impressed. I will be a sad day the day this tube of divine gorgeousness is empty, so I will definitely consider repurchasing, as well as I am pretty keen on putting more of their products to the test.


Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Lotion - RRP: $82 / 200ml
Available from Aromatherapy Associates and select stockists


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig