12 June 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW // COSMEDIX GLOW BAMBOO BRIGHTENING MASK, PCA SKIN DETOXIFYING MASK AND ASPECT GOLD EXFOLIATING CLAY MASK



Change of seasons, and especially as we go from summer and into he cooler autumn and winter months, usually sets my skin into a frenzy, leaving confused, and while my ageing skin it is usually combination, it often gets drier and also starts to break out for a period. So time to bring out some effective face masks… here a few of my top choices.

Let’s start with the Cosmedix Glow Bamboo Brightening Mask*. This mask is intended for all skin types, though particularly combination, dull or ageing skins. the mask among others contain;
  • Bamboo stem extracts to help gently exfoliate and buff away dead skin cells
  • Niacinamide for a skin that is softer and smoother, while it help improve skin elasticity and enhance barrier function, while improving the appearance of discolouration and improving skin tone and texture, and improve the apperance of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, a derivative of Vitamin C that adds antioxidant protection and helps brighten skin tone, for a healthier, clearer and more radiant complexion

This mask helps gently exfoliate the skin, to allow an optimum absorption of the brightening ingredients, to not only leave the skin softer and smoother, but also with an improved skin texture, and brighter and more luminous too.

I love using this mask once or twice a week, at night time, massaging it in, and leaving it on for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off. And afterwards my skin is seriously so soft and smooth, and it has the most amazing healthy glow, leaving it more even and brighter looking too each time I use it. And as it rids my skin of all the dead skin cells, and thus keeps my pores unclogged, I also feel that it helps minimise the amount of breakouts that I get (not least to also containing Witch Hazel that helps purify the pores)

This is seriously so beautiful to use, and I love that it is made from all natural botanical extracts and that it is free from chemicals, synthetic ingredients, parabens, sulfates, silicones, PEG's and synthetic colours too. And I really love how this is targeting both the signs of ageing, while helping with clearing up my skin too.

Next is the PCA Skin Detoxifying Mask*, which is creamy mask that helps absorb excess dirt and detoxify pores and help promote a clearer complexion by absorbing excess dirt, oils and impurities trapped deep within the pores. It also helps smooth the skins surface, minimises the appearance of pores and balances oils to promote a healthier, glowing complexion. The mask is suitable for all skin types but perfect for those with oily and problematic skin

The Detoxifying Mask helps to contains among others;

  • Japanese White Charcoal, which contains a variety of minerals and works to absorb oil and impurities from the skin
  • Kaolin to cleanse and clear your pores, absorbing oil and impurities
  • Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, a naturally occurring clay-derived mineral that help clear the skin
  • Glycerin, a humectant and emollient that helps to hydrate and soothe skin 
  • Bisabolol, a component of chamomile that helps calm irritated skin.

With my combination skin, prone to breakouts, I really love this mask, as it is so great at giving my skin that necessary deep clean to really help unclog the pores and draw out the impurities. I feel it helps normalise my oil production, make my skin less greasy, as well as both clear up existing breakouts and help prevent new ones from popping up.

The mask can be used morning or evening, on clean skin, and left on the skin until dry, which is around 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the layer you apply. Afterwards my skin immediately feels clearer and less greasy, and more refined too, but without being feeling dry or tight. I personally like to use it at night once or twice a week as needed, but it can I can also see the benefit of using in the morning if your skin is particularly greasy, so it can help keep oil production during the day under control and thus also help keep the makeup in place.

Finally, there’s the Aspect™ Gold Exfoliating Clay Mask*, which is a clay-based emollient mask effectively exfoliates while drawing out impurities and lifting dulling debris, so it is perfect for those with dull skin or if you have problem with congestion and breakouts.

The mask contains among others;

  • Bentonite and Kaolin Clay to help magnify and absorb excess sebum 
  • Salicylic and Lactic Acids to gently exfoliate the skin and help decongest clogged pores and clarify the skin
  • Niacinamide and Canadian Willowherb Extract to deeply hydrate and calm the skin.
  • Vitamin C and E for antioxidant protection and to help soothe and protect skin while reducing signs of pigmentation, brighten and repair the complexion 

This is another amazing mask, and absolutely perfect for my dull and very temperamental skin. I love how gentle it is on my skin, and that it doesn’t irritate or dry out my skin. After each use, I can clearly both see and feel that it is helping clear up my skin, both existing breakouts, and with frequent use, also help minimise future breakouts too, not least thanks to containing the Salicylic and Lactic Acids to gently give my skin a gentle chemical exfoliation, and help clear up the clogged pores. Sometimes I use it just once a week, but in other periods where my skin is playing up, I use it 2-3 times. And while, again, it isn’t drying on my combination skin, I do possibly think that drier skin types would find it too drying.

It is quite concentrated, so you’ll only need about a 5 cent amount across your newly cleansed face, and leave it on to dry for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off, and following with your usual serum and moisturiser. And after each use my skin is not only super soft and hydrated, it is also clearly refined with pores clearly smaller, my skin less greasy, and simply looking more radiant and healthy.


Cosmedix Glow Bamboo Brightening Mask - RRP $85 / 74g
PCA Skin Detoxifying Mask - RRP: $92.40 / 60ml
Aspect™ Gold Exfoliating Clay Mask - RRP $60

All available from select stockists - To enquire, call 1800 648 851


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on
Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig