8 June 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW: CLINIQUE FRESH PRESSED DAILY BOOSTER WITH PURE VITAMIN C 10%



One of those beauty brands I’ve always loved, simply as it was the very first high-end brand I started purchasing as soon as I could afford it with my after-school job. And I have loved their products ever since, and have so many favourites from the brand, that I use frequently, and always have at hand.

So I was naturally excited when I was sent one of their newest products to the trial, the Clinique Fresh Pressed Daily Booster with Pure Vitamin C 10%*.

Vitamin C is one of those wonder ingredients that have proven to help the skin stay fresh, smoother, firmer with diminished lines and wrinkles, brighter and more even-toned, and simply more radiant and glowing. The key issue with Vitamin C is that it is very unstable and naturally degrades over time as it is exposed to oxygen, so it is most potent and powerful when it is fresh, which does make it very tricky. However, as a consequence, Clinique has developed a unique Fresh Pressed system that allows the pure Vitamin C to stay fresh, as it simply isolates the pure Vitamin C in a lightproof vial inside the packaging until it is activated.

Activating the Clinique Fresh Pressed Daily Booster with Pure Vitamin C 10% is easy, you simply;
  • Leave cap on and remove foil.
  • Firmly press inner bulb twice to release Vitamin C powder into the soothing emulsion.
  • Shake 15 seconds, and before each use.
  • Remove cap.
  • Mix 2 drops with your moisturiser AM and PM to power up your regular routine - although you can also apply it directly onto the skin if preferred, which I do prefer. 

By activating it just before the first application, you’re guaranteed that the Vitamin C will have its maximum potency for the next 7 days for maximum results.

The Vitamin C is mixed with a smoothing emulsion that not only helps activate the vitamin C, but also contains other de-agers to help revitalise the skin and help balance the pH so it is comfortable and fully absorbed into the skin. Along with the Vitamin C, it contains among others;

  • Molasses to help break up existing dark pots for a brighter skin
  • Mulberry Root Extract, Scutellaria Extract, and Grapefruit Extract to helo the skin fend against antioxidative damage and prevent future discolourations
  • Salicylic Acid to help promote cell renewal, and bring a brighter, fresher and smoother skin to the surface
  • Sucrose, Betaine, Algae Extract and Caffeine to help calm and soothe the skin

The Actual Clinique Fresh Pressed Daily Booster has a light serum-like texture, and it absorbs immediately into my skin, without any greasiness or stickiness. And immediately my skin feels soft and smooth, and has a lovely glowing look.

And after just a few uses, I start to feel that my skin is looking more radiant and luminous and also softer and clearer, with some minor pigmentation perhaps faded marginally. I haven’t really seen any difference in the appearance of my lines and wrinkles, but I guess, you can’t really expect to see major results after just a week, but I do love what I am seeing and feeling so quickly and the fact that my skin is clearly not longer as dull looking, but rather like I’ve just had the best pampering beauty treatment. So I’d definitely be keen to continue using this Fresh Pressed Daily Booster with Pure Vitamin C 10% for a little longer, as well as try out other products from the range, to see what they can achieve for my ageing pigmented skin.

On the negative, if you’re using this permanently, at $100 for four week’s supply, it does get a little expensive, as unlike other skincare products, you cannot keep it and use it on and off, after a week, it is sadly no longer as potent and effective. But of course you can use it as just use as a treatment for as long and when you feel its needed, such as use a bottle or two, and keep the remaining (unopened) ones for a later stage.


Clinique Fresh Pressed Daily Booster with Pure Vitamin C 10% - RRP: $100 / 4 x 10ml

Available from Clinique


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on
Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig