22 May 2018

SALON REVIEW // HYPOXI - TARGETED FAT BURNING, BODY TONING AND WEIGHT LOSS




If you have kids, you’ll probably agree that your body, no matter how hard you work it post-pregnancy, is just not quite the same anymore. There are just some things that never quite tone up to the way they were before gaining around 15+ kilos, and losing it again after a pregnancy. Regardless of how much you exercise, swim, run, or even change your eating habits. Those areas of your body just don’t seem to want to change.. but enter Hypoxi..

If you haven’t heard of Hypoxi before, it is a unique type of targeted body shaping program which combines low impact exercise with vacuum and compression technology to help supercharge the body’s fat burning system by increasing blood circulation, accelerating fat metabolism and detoxifying the connective tissue especially targeting stomach, hips, legs and buttocks, - or in other words, those areas women are always complaining about.

The treatment takes place in unique workout machines, where the lower part of your body, from the waist down (aka the problem areas) are enclosed in an airtight vacuum area that alternates the vacuum and compression during the exercise. 


The HYPOXI L250. Also see top picture

There are a few different machines available including the S120, which is a type of bike where you sit up and pedal, or the L-250 where you basically lie down pedalling, but again, for both, the lower half if the body is in the concealed compartment.

The session takes just 30 minute exercise and is so easy, that you barely work up a sweat, even if you’re very unfit.

During the session, you wear a special corset-style skirt that seals in the vacuum in the machine from the waist down. You also wear heart-rate monitor throughout the session to ensure that your heart rate is kept within your ‘fat burning zone’ which for me, and my age is somewhere between 120-130BPM (beats per minute). And the 30 minute session is a breeze, although it is a little harder in the periods where vacuum effect in the machine is on as it feels a little like it sucks you into the machine, but as you can flick though a magazine, watch TV or catch up on emails or Facebook on your phone meanwhile, it is in no way strenuous and it is all over before you know it.


The HYPOXI S120

Hypoxi is saying the you’ll start to see results already after just a few sessions, though a minimum of 12 is the recommended minimum to achieve some decent results. I’ve been doing on average of 2-3 30 minute sessions per week, and throughout the course you are measured and weighed regularly to ensure you are on the right track.
While I am generally fairly happy with my body, and I am just a few kilos heavier than I was before having two kids, I main goal was to to tighten up a little in the thigh and bottom area, which has always been my ‘problem' areas.

Hypoxi obviously recommend that you also think about your general lifestyle whilst doing the course, including think about what you eat, when you eat, which is just common sense to me. I mean, why spend your time and money on toning up your body, if you’re going straight for a donut afterwards!!

So how did I go… 

After the first three sessions, I had lost a total of 8 centimetres from my thighs, bum and stomach, and after 12 sessions I’d lost a total of 13.5 centimetres from my thighs, bum and stomach. That included 2cm off my stomach, 2cm from my hips, 2cm from my bum and 3.5cm from my thighs.

I also managed to lose 0.6kgs, nothing major, would have loved to shed another kilo or three, but still very happy with that, and especially seeing it still meant the I have actually lost a 13.5cms. I am very happy with that result, again as it hasn’t really taken that much effort to do - don’t get me wrong here, I don’t mind a good work out, but when you’ve got two little kids, finding the time to do this, can be very difficult.

And to lose this amount from those dreaded areas in just over a month is seriously amazing. I can both see and feel the difference, and my clothes just sit so much nicer. My stomach seems flatter, and my wobbly thighs and bum slightly less wobbly, and simply firmer and more toned. Even my hubby has made a comment!!

Yes, I did naturally think about what I ate during this period, a little more than usual, but I didn’t make any major change to my diet, as I am fairly healthy as it is (apart from when the 3 o’clock cravings set in!), and I did not do any other exercise during the program apart for the usual short (slow) walks with my two little kids.

The exercise is very low impact, so it will also be great for those who for instance have issues with their back etc, as it is gentle not the body at the same time.

I took out these sessions thanks to Berwick HYPOXI - and the owner Janna and the lovely studio manager Alicia made the whole experience so much fun and enjoyable. Most times I did these sessions after dropping off my big boy at kinder, and bringing along my 3 year old, who sat next to me on the floor - and Alicia was so great and very patient with him, in spite of the floor recently being covered in toys.

A course of 12 HYPOXI sessions is a little on the pricey side, especially when you compare it to a membership at a regular fitness centre, but when you see results like this, it proves that it really is an efficient - and quick way of toning your body and finally once and for all shift those love handles, the saggy bum and the floppy thighs. There are different types of memberships available from single sessions, monthly, 2 months 3 months etc, depending on what you’d like to achieve.

Sadly my non-existent wage as a stay-at-homemum doesn’t quite allow me to continue at this point, but trust me, if I could, I seriously would as I’d love to see how far a few extra months of regular treatments could do to my body, as I'd certainly would love to tone up a little more here and there. But for now I am very happy, and perhaps some time in the future when both of my kids are in school and I’ve hopefully managed to get a decent job again, I'll be able to return..


But if you feel the need to tighten up and just cannot seem to get any results from other types of expertise, seriously you need to try Hypoxi.

For more information, make sure to visit the HYPOXI website, where you can also book in for a free trial session…


*These HYPOXI sessions were kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.


Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on
Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig