29 May 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW // SIMBA HYDRID SLEEP MATTRESS




In my later years, and I guess especially after having two kids, I have regularly been struggling with back pain, at times making it difficult for me to get a good nights sleep, often simply not being able to get comfortable in the bed.

So when I was approached by the UK brand, SIMBA, which has recently launched their products into Australia, needless to say that I was happy to try.

SIMBA is one of Europe’s fastest growing high-tech mattress brand, and with good reason.

The unique mattresses have been tested with the Sleep to Live Institute, who has compiled body profiling data from 10 million people. 




The SIMBA Hybrid® mattress features among others;

  • Highest quality spring and memory foam mattress of its kind in the Australian market. 
  • Cutting-edge innovative technology, a result of over 80 prototypes, with high comfort thanks to five luxurious layers of memory foam with the support of 2,500 patented conical pocket springs.
  • Patented springs that move horizontally and vertically to fit the shape of your body, and adjust under each person’s body weight because they’re conical, rather than the normal barrel shape. They don’t compress in a linear way: the more pressure applied, the more resistance the springs give, so everyone gets the right amount of support.
  • Cleverly rolled and vacuum packed so it fits perfectly packed in its box, and it is thereby a lot easier to move around than any other mattress

When the mattress arrived I did think that it was impossible for a queen sized mattress to be put into the box - and yes, while the box was naturally still a tad heavy and took my husbands help to lift up the stairs to our bedroom. And once we opened the box and took out the mattress, we saw that the mattress had been rolled and vacuum sealed, so that literally all the air was sucked out of it, and it wasn’t very big at all. No way that’s going to fit my queen sized bed I thought. But we put in onto the bed, and slowly it ‘inflated’ itself to a standard sized mattress. Just magic.



Whenever you get a new mattress, it does take the body a little time to adjust, and I did with this one too. It didn’t mean I had a bad night’s sleep, just meant that it took a little bit of getting used to, I guess as the mattress was a little softer than our old one. However, that’s only because the memory foam moulds perfectly to your body shape, which my aching my back and sore shoulder really enjoyed it from day one.

With my husband, naturally being heavier than I am, I did like that with the Simba mattress, I couldn’t feel him moving as much as I could previously, as the mattress simple ‘concealed’ that bouncing feeling.

The mattress is also made using Simbatex, which contains natural soybean balms, which means that it is cool to touch and soothing to sleep on, and it has an hypoallergenic air flow sleep surface that helps regulates your body temperature to keep you fresh, so its as perfect on hot summers nights, keeping you cool, and on cold winters nights, helping to keep you warm. 


This is really a unique mattress, and definitely worth considering if you’re in need of a new mattress. And what’s better is that SIMBA realises that it does take a little time to get used to a new bad, so they are also offering a 100-night sleep trial promise with no hassle returns as a 10-year guarantee on the mattress.


SIMBA Hybrid Mattress;
Single $849
King Single $949
Double $1,149
Queen $1,299
King $1,399

But you can get $150 of your new mattress by using the code SXTB150 at the check-out.

Available from SIMBA


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on
Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig