17 May 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW: RESIBO SMOOTHING FACE A SERUM - AN ALTERNATIVE TO BOTOX?



Today I am so excited to be sharing with you all a brand that is completely new to Australia, Resibo. It is an award-winning Polish skincare brand, that promises to deliver exceptional skincare solutions merging science and nature.

The Resibo brand, which is vegan friendly, has been hailed as nature’s alternative to Botox - And while I am not saying Botox is not for me, it may very well be at some point in the near future, but for now, I prefer not to, so hearing that it can be a natural alternative, is obviously music to my ears. And add to that, that the products are made from over 96% natural and organic materials.

The Resibo Smoothing face serum also promises to restore youthfulness by combating the physical signs of ageing, including visibly firming, tightening and brightening the skin, while also targeting blemishes and dehydration - with the first effects noticeable already after 24 hours after the first application! Sounds pretty incredible.

The Resibo Smoothing face serum contains among others;

  • Stoechiol, a butterfly lavender extract, that acts after only 24 hours as a natural botulinum, to relieve muscle tension, prevent facial lines and smooth the skin. It also stimulates the skin to release beta-endorphins to relax the skin and reduce existing wrinkles.
  • Lakesis, extract of „crystal tears” collected on Pistacia lentiscus, which stimulate production of the so-called „youth protein”, to allow the skin to regains its density and look fuller and firmer.
  • Marula oil, an antioxidant that has regenerating and healing effects. It also has anti-wrinkle properties, improves skin tightness and protects it from collagen breakdown. 
  • Vegetable squalane, to prevent moisture loss, and to restore skin tightness and smoothness, visibly reducing wrinkles. 
  • Vitamin C deviate, to brighten the skin, prevent its discolouration and inhibits sebum oxidation, thus preventing blemishes.

The Resibo Smoothing Face Serum comes in a small glass bottle with a little dropper, and it is also packaged inside a recyclable cardboard tube.

The actual consistency of the serum is rather thin and runny, so you do have to be careful not to waste any of the precious drops, especially as you only need 3-4 drops to cover your full face., and you can easily pat it into the skin with your fingertips. Although it has an oily texture, it absorbs quickly and easily, and without any greasiness. You can use it morning and evening, before applying your usual moisturiser.

So what are my thoughts… does it really live up to its claims.. Well, I am definitely in the anti-ageing target market, with several lines and wrinkles creating in, including a larger frown line between my brows, so I would probably be the ideal candidate for botox.

As recommended I used the serum morning and evening, and really liked the light non-greasy consistency on my combination skin. I also liked that it did not make my skin feel greasy or congested, but rather clearly had benefits to my breakout prone skin too, with less breakouts popping up, and even helping minimise old acne scars.

And as for the ‘botox’ claim, I was actually rather shocked to see the the serum really did make especially my forehead wrinkles, and that frown line between my brows far less noticeable, after using for about a month. Yes, I think that I saw some improvement after the first use, though of course more minimal. In addition, the serum also helped make my skin soft and smooth, and nearly nourished.

So all in all I am actually rather impressed with this, it actually does live up to its claims and promises - and all while being very affordable too. I have only used about a third of the bottle and I am very optimistic that I will continue seeing results.

If you’re concerned with anti ageing and lines and wrinkles creeping in, then you should seriously look into this, you won’t be disappointed.


Resibo Smoothing Face Serum - RRP: $59.99 / 30ml\
Available from Resibo


Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig