10 February 2013

Product Review: Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid

Having long hair, which has been coloured numerous times, and not to mention has to withstand almost daily sessions with the hair dryer and the hair straightener, naturally means that my hair has lost its lustre, and that it looks frizzed and aged. When I was asked to trial the *Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid from the lovely and talented makeup artist, Tammerly from Spoilt by Pink Diva, I happily accepted. Here are my thoughts;




What They Say:

"Apply a small amount of light elements™ smoothing fluid through damp hair. Blow dry and style. For extra shine - or to tame flyaways. Smoothing fluid is a great prep before applying flat iron heat to hair that has been dried. It will give the hair slip - leaving a smooth, shiny finish".
 
RRP: $44.95 (100ml) – Available from Aveda Online, and select hair salons

What I Say:
I was instantly impressed by the Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid. A few sprays of the Fluid onto my hair, and it dries instantly leaving my hair with a soft touchable finish. When you first pump the Smoothing Fluid on your hand, it feels a little greasy but when I applied it to my hair, it absorbed the product instantly with no greasiness or stickiness in sight. Also there is no weightiness but rather it leaves my hair looking sleek, shiny and healthy, as well as it instantly controls frizz and adds a bit of control to my long straight hair. And I find I do no longer need hairspray to tame those flyaways, which means that my hair stays touchable and silky soft all day long!

The Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid can be used in damp hair, to protect the hair before blow drying and styling, although it is also a great preparation for the hair before using a hair straightener on hair that has been dried. It will give the hair slip and leave it with a smooth, shiny finish.

The Smoothing Fluid can also be applied to dry hair to add extra shine to the hair, or to tame flyaways. When used in dry hair, I pump 2 pumps of the fluid into my hands and I stroke it through the ends of my hair, and I then lightly flatten my hands over the top of my hair and the leftover extra product on my hands easily smooth down any remaining flyaways.

The Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid is made from plant-based ingredients, including certified organic jojoba, which help to condition and smooth hair, and organic lavender for fluid movement and shine. It has a beautiful and natural scent from the included lavender, orange, marjoram, rosemary and cinnamon leaf, and once the Fluid has dried in the hair, it leaves my hair with a soft and subtle fragrance.

The Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid comes in an easy to use spray bottle to help to apply the product over my hair. However, I do not find that it distributes it evenly, so I still prefer smoothing it through my hair with my palms afterwards.

All in all Aveda's Light Elements Smoothing Fluid is a fantastic product for all hair types and for start to finish styling. It's more expensive than my usual hair care products at $44.95 for a small 100ml bottle, but well worth the extra dollars, and with only a few pumps required, a little goes a long way, so a bottle will last you a long time. It really does live up to the claim of adding shine without weighing the hair down and leaving it greasy.

Additionally, I will also give the Smoothing Fluid bonus points for being eco-friendly and plant based. If you want amazingly shiny hair and healthy looking ends I strongly suggest you try the Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid. Goodbye to dull looking hair!!!!
*This product was kindly provided for trial by Spoilt by Pink Diva, and it has been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy.
 
Have you ever tried any of the products from Aveda? What are your preferred product for taming frizzy hair and adding shine?

 
 
 


 

 
Share:

3 comments

  1. This sounds amazing but it's a bit pricey! I have the frizziest hair, it's the worst :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a little pricey, but absolutely worth it, its amazing!

      Delete
  2. This was the first Aveda product I ever tried, and it is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig