13 March 2013

Product Review: L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Laser X3 Anti-Ageing Power Moisturiser

Unfortunately I am at the age where my main skin concern is anti-ageing. This means that I am always looking for products which will help delay these unsightly signs including lines, wrinkles and uneven skin tone. And thanks so Beauty Heaven I was lucky to get to trial the *L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Laser X3 Anti-Ageing Power Moisturiser. Here are my thoughts;





What They Say:
L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Laser X3 Day Cream is an anti-ageing cream with active pro-xylane (concentrated to 3 per cent), fragmented hyaluronic acid and LHA. The soft, velvety creamy texture corrects wrinkles, re-densifies the skin and re-supports contours.
Apply after serum, morning an evening.


RRP: $44.95 – Available from Priceline, pharmacies and department stores.

What I Say:
I have aging skin, which is also combination, so I am always worried when using a new anti-ageing cream that it is too rich and heavy for my skin resulting in my skin becoming congested and breaking out. But after now having used the cream for a few weeks, I didn’t need to worry as that has not been the case at all.

The L’Oréal Paris Revitalift Laser X3 Anti-Ageing Power Moisturiser (what a mouthful!!) is very luscious and moisturising and absorbs quickly into the skin, without leaving behind a greasy feeling. My skin instantly feels soft and hydrated, and my skin texture is notably improved.

The cream claims to correct wrinkles, re-densify the skin and re-support the contours. Using the cream day and night for just a few weeks I am surprised to say that I can already see and feel the benefits. My skin is deeply moisturised without feeling greasy, and fine lines seem to be diminishing, as are some of my pigmentation and dark spots. My skin is simply glowing and radiant.

The cream also works very well under makeup, making the makeup go on very smoothly, and lasting well throughout the day as well.

The cream comes in a squarish heavy red glass jar, with an easy to open screw lid, and it looks and feels luxe. However, I have to admit that I wish that it came in a pump bottle or at least came with a spatula as I am not a fan of digging my fingers in the jar to use it, as I don’t find it very hygienic.

The cream is very concentrated, so at least on my combination skin only a little is needed, even more so as I use it very sparingly on my more oily t-zone, so the 50ml jar will last you quite a while.

The cream has a nice fresh and subtle floral scent, which quickly disappears once the cream has absorbed into the skin. And in spite of my eyes being quite sensitive, I did not have any issues with my eyes getting irritated, even when putting the cream around the eye area, but the cream is also claiming to be suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin.

Apart from not coming with a spatula, my only negative about this cream, is that it does not contain any SPF. While I do prefer my night creams to be free from SPF, I have gotten used to my day creams containing a minimum of SPF15, so that would have been a welcome addition.

All in all I am very impressed with this cream. It really does live up to its claims, after using it for just a short time, it has showed that how effective it is, very impressive for such a reasonably priced anti-aging cream, so I am looking forward to seeing what this cream will do for my skin with continued use.
*This product was kindly provided for trial by Beauty Heaven, and it has been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy.

 

What do you think of this new anti-ageing cream from L’Oreal? Do you use anti-ageing products? What’s your favourite moisturiser?
 
 
Share:

2 comments

  1. Aside from the scent, this cream is truly amazing. Upon first application, my skin seemed to absorb the product quickly. My skin feels so soft and smooth each time I use it. In only a few weeks I've noticed that my skin appears "plumper" which is a good thing, because this has resulted in the reduction of wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you love it too. For such an effective anti-ageing cream it is actually rather cheap too!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig