16 October 2012

Product Review: Aphelia Luscious Intensive Hand & Skin Cream


Always on the lookout for the perfect hand cream, I tried the Aphelia Luscious Intensive Hand & Skin Cream 
 
 
 
 
Here are my thoughts on the Aphelia Luscious Intensive Hand Cream:

What they say:
'Obtain younger looking hands from 14 deeply penetrating herbal extracts. Luscious will rapidly relieve dermal hydration; intrinsically lightening and brightening the skin and dermally resculpting even the driest of hands. Age spots and freckles are visibly lightened. Skin is resurfaced, unveiling a smoother, more uniform apperance".
Price: $99.95 for 100ml. Available the Aphelia website


What I say:
Aphelia products are made using pure, natural herbal power that has been combined with cosmetic science. The ingredients are hand selected and then expressed into concentrated extracts using the traditional Asian methodologies. The products from Aphelia are to represent a hand crafted, east meets west fusions of holistic tradition and modern science, giving you the best of both worlds. How fascinating does that sound!

The Aphelia Luscious Intensive Hand & Skin Cream comes in a bright green box with gold writing, and Chinese writing down one side of the box, and on the other side the words “The Origin of Beauty’.  On the last side of the box, the ingredients of the cream, and the instructions are listed. From the green box I must admit that I didn’t have high expectations of what I would find inside, it just looked so basic….but much to my surprise I found a lovely and luxurious looking cream in a gold toned heavy plastic jar with the most beautiful screw lid with a stunning rose design. It just looks so expensive and gorgeous, and was instantly given a place on my bedside table, where it hasn’t left since!
 
 

The Aphelia Luscious cream is an anti-ageing hand and skin cream, which with 14 powerful herbal extracts, claims to nourish and nurture skin from within, leaving your hands and skin looking smoother, softer, and more yourhful, visibly reducing wrinkles and pigmentation.

The cream has a lovely and very light and smooth texture, which absorbs instantly into the skin, leaving if feeling ever so soft, smooth and silky and thoroughly hydrated, without any greasy or sticky feeling. Especially when used at night before going to bed, my hands feels so beautifully soft the next morning from overnight treatment.

The Luscious cream has a gorgeous sweet floral scent, although it is very gentle and far from overwhelming, but unfortunately this scent disappears almost as soon as the cream has absorbed. Usually, I do not have dry hands – except for in winter time, where they always get horribly dry. But after having used the cream for about four weeks, my skin definitely looksbetter, and feels so much softer and more moisturised. Even my nails seem to be thriving from the increased moisture. Fine lines seem to have diminished a little, and some of the pigmentation on the top of my hands seems to be lighter. I also had scar on my hand from recently burning myself on the oven (stupid, I know!), but the scar seemed to heal faster, and I believe that it is now far less prominent that it would have been without using the cream.

At $99 for a 100ml jar of cream, it is very pricey – in fact the most expensive hand cream that I have every used. However, it is a gorgeous and beautiful cream that really does live up to its claims, and it would make for the ultimate indulgent pampering present.
 
Have you tried the Aphelia products? What is the best hand cream you have ever used?
 
 
 
 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig