14 August 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW: SAKURY COSMECEUTICAL CRYSTAL MICRODERMABRATION DEVICES WITH SILICA



As a beauty blogger, needless to say that coming across new beauty products and gadgets does get me excited. Yes, brands bring out new colour collections, which yes, is always nice, but every so often you come across something that is so totally different from anything you’ve seen before, and that is when I squeal a little. And one such brand is Sakury Cosmeceutical.

Sakury Cosmeceutica makes crustal peeling lenses and files that are made by incorporating organic silica into the abrasive glass surface, using quartz of 99.7% purity. The products are based on the principle that silica can be added back into the skin, helping to build collagen fibres, bind water to the skin to maintain elasticity, and improve skin condition and help better absorption of skincare products afterwards and overall help reverse and prevent signs of ageing.

The products have an abrasive surface that helps clean the skin and give it a gentle exfoliation/microdermabration, removing dead skin cells without the use of any products. And the Sakury products remain hygienic use after use, as as the silica is naturally anti-bacterial.

There are four different Sakury Cosmeceutical products available;
  • Face Lens
  • Body Lens
  • Pedicure File
  • Nail File

The different products are specifically designed for their specific area of use, thanks to their unique shaped designs. The different lenses and files are super easy to use, you simply soak the abrasive side of the Sakury in water, and then massage the skin with circular motions for about a minute without using pressure. Once done, rinse the face/body with water, and dry the the skin, and then clean the Sakury Lens/File by rinsing it in water and letting it dry, ready for next time. But lets have a chat about the different Sakury’s..

Sakury Face Lens

The Sakury Face lens has small round design measuring just 50mm in diameter and with a thickness of 2mm. It has a unique bulging grip to make it easier to hold as well as make it possible to reach the corners of the nose. It is recommended to use the Face lens just once a week. It is super easy to use, and while it is said that you can experience some temporary stinging as a reaction, I did not experience this. But after each use, I could clearly feel and see that my skin was softer and smoother and more even, refined, and glowing too. I have not noticed any major difference in regards to lines and wrinkles, however, giving my skin a good weekly regular exfoliation, I do feel has had a positive effect, reducing the amount as well as the size of the breakouts that I’ve been getting. I like that it is gentle enough to be suitable for all skin types, even sensitive, as well as it can also be used on acne scars etc. If used regularly, the abrasive lens will last about 3 months. 

Sakury Body Lens
The Sakury Body Lens is the largest one, with its round shape, measuring 100mm in diameter and with a thickness of 6mm. It fits nicely in the hand, and allows you to exfoliate a larger area of the body at the same time. The two sides of the lens has different grades of roughness, so you can use the finer side for more sensitive areas, and the rougher side for thicker. It is also recommended to use just once a week.

I have liked using the Body Lens in the shower after cleaning my skin, and it leaves my skin feeling softer and smoother, and has helped get rid of dry areas on especially my knees and chins, as well as I also feel that it has helped clear up some minor breakouts on my shoulders and help prevent ingrown hairs on my legs.

My only concern about using it in the shower with wet hands is fear of dropping it, as it is made of glass, I am not sure it would actually survive the drop onto my tiled floor without breaking (and I hope my floor tiles would survive it too!). But I do like that it is suitable for all skin types, and can be used on scars, stretch marks too, and that the abrasive surface on the lens lasts about 6 months when used regularly.


Sakury Pedicure File

Then there’s the Sakury Pedicure File, measures 155mm in length and 4mm in diameter, and it has a unique curved design, which makes it easy to file feet,. It can be used both wet and dry, on a daily basis as needed. The pedicure file is great for helping remove dry skin and cracked skin and calluses. I really struggle with dry feet, also at times with cracked heels, thanks to having hydronic floor heating in our house, and consequently often run around in bare feet. I started using every few days, and after just a few uses, my feet were better than they have been in the longest time, with dry and cracked skin almost gone. After ‘getting my feet under control’ I can now maintain them using the file just a few minutes once a week.

I love that my feet are yet again soft and smooth (and ready for spring and sandals again), and without the use of harsh chemical creams. The abrasive side of the foot file lasts for approx. 9 to12 months when used regularly.



Finally, there’s the Sakury Nail File, which is the smallest of the files measuring 155mm in length and 3mm in width. The file is a 3-in-1 manicure file, with the handle designed for cuticle treatment, the tip of the file for cleaning the nails and the long abrasive surface for filing.

I don’t usually struggle with my nails, except for in winter, when my hands, regardless it seems, of how much hand cream I use, get so dry. And my nails much the same, and while they are always thick and strong and rarely break or split. Winter time is a different story. And right now they’ve been at their worst, constantly breaking, and therefore I’ve kept them as short as possible. But I love that this Sakury Nail file is gentle on the nails, while having a positive effect helping to prevent splitting and breaking nails, as the silica released into the skin helps nourish and strengthen the nails. My nails are still bearing the effects of winter, but nonetheless, I am loving the file, and do feel that my nails are looking better than they have for a long time. The abrasive side of the foot file lasts for approx. 3 to 6 months when used regularly.

I have really loved putting these Sakury Lenses and Files to the test. I love the fact that the products are completely natural and that you can give your skin, nails and feet a gentle exfoliation/microdermabration, but without any use of chemicals or cleansers. I also love that while they appear super simple, they are actually rather high-tech, not only exfoliating, but also having a beneficial effect on the skin and nails in terms of helping to hydrate and support the production of collagen and elastin.

No, they do not come cheap, but considering they are natural and handcrafted does justify the cost. Plus if you compare to how much product you’d use in the same period, they are still very comparable, and all while not loading your skin up with chemicals and being friendly on the environment too. My favourites of the four would without a doubt be the face lens, which would also be fantastic to bring with you when travelling (so much smaller and lighter than a heavy tube of face scrub) and the foot file.

If you’re looking for unique yet and amazing, products that treats your skin, feet and nails, while having caring benefits at the same time, they you really do need to check out the Sakury Cosmeceutical product range.


Sakury Cosmeceutical Face Lens - RRP: $50
Sakury Cosmeceutical Body Lens - RRP: $130
Sakury Cosmeceutical Pedicure File - RRP: $45
Sakury Cosmeceutical Nail File - RRP: $30

Available from Sakury Cosmeceutical


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice. 


Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig