22 August 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW: SKEYNDOR POWER RETINOL INTENSIVE REPAIRING EMULSION AND DERMA PEEL PRO RESURFACING PEEL CONCENTRATE 15%

\

With my blemish prone, ageing skin, increasing lines, wrinkles, and not to mention increasing pigmentation thanks to two pregnancies along with a sun-worshipping youth, needless to say that my skin is not what it has been. But one thing that has always made a big difference, in both the amounts of breakouts that I get, but also in terms of making my skin look and feel younger, softer, smoother and not to mention more even and glowing, is regular peels. Sadly, as a stay-at-home-mum, regular salon treatments is not exactly an option, so I love when at-home DIY products are available, such as the Skeyndor Derma Peel Pro Range. I’ve put the Derma Peel Pro Resurfacing Peel Concentrate 15%* to the test.

But first, in case you’ve never heard of Skeyndor before, it is a Spanish cosmeceutical brand which has been around since the 1960s. The brand philosophy is based on “The Scientific Skincare” concept with scientifically-proven results endorsed by efficacy studies.

Now, let’s talk about the products…

The Derma Peel Pro Resurfacing Peel Concentrate 15% is made using a combination of Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA), Poly-hydroxyacids (PHA) and biological peptides to gives the skin an intensive exfoliation, for a smoother, softer and more even-toned luminous skin, while also helping to generate the development of new cells. The concentrated treatment, which contain Acids 15% and has a pH 3.8, also contains;

  • Gluconolactone to moisturise and hydrate the skin 
  • Lactic Acid, an Alpha hydroxy acid to exfoliate and renew the skin Mandelic Acid, to reduce pore size and reduce acne marks
  • Phytic Acid, to reduce pigmentation and brighten skin tone
  • Biomimetic Peptides TGF-B (Beta) and DSG in Liposomes, to give the skin a superficial peeling with full epidermal renewal

The Peel Concentrate can be used day or night avoiding the sensitive eye area. It can be used as a 28 day intensive treatment or as an alternative or maintenance between professional peels. It is also ideal for treatment of pigmentation and discolourations. I’ve been using it mainly at night (as it does make the skin a little more sun-sensitive), (alternating with the Power Retinol).

Resurfacing Peel Concentrate has a light gel texture and it absorbs instantly into the skin without any greasiness. And in spite of the high contents of AHA, it doesn’t leave my skin tingling or stinging as you could suspect. It has a gorgeous light fruity scent.

And each morning when I wake, my skin is feeling so silky soft and smooth, and with a gorgeous radiant glow, as if I’ve just been treated to a facial. I also feel that my skin feels less greasy than it usually does in the morning, but without being dried out - and consequently, I also feel that my makeup not only looks nicer, but also stays put for longer without looking shiny or greasy.


Then there’s the Skeyndor Power Retinol Intensive Repairing Emulsion. And here I have to admit that I am absolutely hooked on using retinol in my skincare, as it is the one ingredient that I can see makes such a tremendous difference to the look of my skin. There is however the one down-side to retinol, that it can make the skin dry and super sensitive, so you always have to go about it slowly, and start out at a lower strength too, and use only at night, as it does make the skin extra sun-sensitive.

The Power Retinol Intensive Repairing Emulsion, however promises to be different and deliver effects without any side effects. It contains among others;

  • Pure Retinol (2000 IU/g) – photostable Retinoic Acid - to rejuvenate and repair the skin
  • Bakuchiol – to stabilise the Pure Retinol while boosts the repairing and rejuvenating activity of the retinol
  • HS Soy extract – to calm and soothe, and reduce the side effects of the Pure Retinol while boosts the repairing and rejuvenating activity of the retinol

The combination of these ingredients also means that it is designed to be able to be used both morning and night, as it won’t break down when exposed to sun-light, and also wont cause any photo-sensitivity, irritation, redness or dryness.

The Intensive Repairing Emulsion. helps to improve cell turnover, for more radiant skin, reduce sun damage, increase collagen skin cell production, firm and smooth skin, reduce lines and wrinkles, tighten pores, reduce inflammation and inhibits collagen breakdown, which is essential as the breakdown of collagen is known to be what causes wrinkles. And in addition it also promises to help control the activity of the sebaceous glands, normalising oil production and helping to fight blemishes - so all in all absolutely perfect for my ageing, yet blemish prone skin.

The Intensive Repairing Emulsion is specifically made for those, like me, who has combination to oily skin types. It is described as a serum-in-cream, and it has the consistency of a super light cream, that absorbs quickly into the skin, without any greasiness, and leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth without any stickiness or greasiness. It has a gorgeous subtle floral scent, which you can only adore.

While the the Power Retinol Intensive Repairing Emulsion can be used twice daily, I have personally preferred to restrict use to only at night after cleansing my skin, (for the pure reason that I love using a Vitamin C serum during the day).

As I have been using the Resurfacing Peel Concentrate and the Power Retinol Intensive Repairing Emulsion in combination, it can be tricky to distinguish the effects on the skin on each individual one. But overall, I have been loving both individually, and how they make my skin feel immediately after applying them, and how my skin looks and feel in the morning.

After alternating both for about a month, I am very pleased with what I feel these products have done to my skin. In general it seems more even, with some larger patches of pigmentation noticeably evening out, so my skin in general looks more glowing and radiant.

Darker marks from recent breakouts and acne have also faded, and old acne scarring seem softened too. I have also found that generally the breakouts I’ve been getting, seem to clear faster, and they have appeared both smaller in size and less aggressive too. As for my increasing fine lines and wrinkles, these also seem to be a lot less noticeable.

These products are at the pricier end, but I have to say that I am impressed as they are tackling, not just one, but all my skin care issues from ageing, including pigmentation and dull skin, along with breakouts is get are as made for my skin. To justify the cost, the products are of premium quality, and clearly perform as promised, and they are also quite concentrated, so a bottle will last you for months - and in all honesty is as close to a salon treatment as you’ll get with at-home products.

Personally I am loving my introduction to the Skeyndor products, and now very keen on adding further products from these ranges to my skincare regimen.


Skeyndor Resurfacing Peel Concentrate 15% - RRP: $145 / 30ml
Skeyndor Power Retinol Intensive Repairing Emulsion - RRP: $97 / 50ml

Available from Skeyndor


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on
Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig