13 August 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW: MAVALA SUGAR FREE LIP GLOSS COLLECTION AND BLUSH COLOUR NAIL POLISH COLLECTION




After what feels like a long and cold wet winter, I am so excited about the fact that there is just a few weeks left until spring is officially coming back to Melbourne. Bring on some sunnier, warmer and brighter days. And with the new season, it also means that new beauty collections are starting to drop, and one of the first one, is the Mavala Sugar Free Lip Gloss Collection and the Blush Colour Nail Polish Collection.

As you’ll probably recall, I absolutely love the Mavala nail polishes and lipsticks (you can read about their last collections here), so I’m excited to seeing these new shades of nail polishes and not least also be able to put their lip glosses to the test. But let’s talk about the new collections.

The Mavala nail polishes come in their usual small bottles containing 5ml, which I really love, as I have never actually accomplished using up a nail polish, so the smaller sizes are perfect, plus they do all you to get a few more, as they come at a lower price too. But What I also really like is that they are free from all the chemical nasties including formaldehyde, toluene, camphor, phathalate, parabens, rosin, nickel as we as they do no contain any animal ingredients.

I also love that they are so easy to apply evenly and streak-free, even for a nail polish novice like me, thanks to the wide short brush that I feel makes it easier to control and handle. 




The Mavala Blush Colours Nail Polish Collection is made up of soft easy to wear shades that is perfect for everyday use, and certainly perfect for spring. The collection contains a few bolder shades, but other wise made up of poetic pastel hues for an “imaginary voyage between dream and reality, so fresh and timeless”. It contains contains 6 shades including:

  • 10 Reykjavik - a magical mauve
  • 11 Hanoi - a bursting fuchsia
  • 13 Riyadh - a magnificent deep purple red
  • 15 Shenzhen - a refined grey beige
  • 17 Athens - A pearlescent rose
  • 18 Lima - a tangerine cream

All the colours are stunning on their own, and there is not shade that I don’t love. The two darker shades, Hanoi and Riyadh are gorgeous, and will no doubt be on my nails soon, but after a winter of wearing darker shades, I do look forward to some more spring-inspired pastel shades. And again, it will have to come down to a draw which one to wear first, as the shades are all so pretty, and will look even greater with a touch of tan on my hands.

If you haven’t tried the Mavala nail polishes, you really should, you’ll love them. Plus the colour range is seriously enormous, so there is a shade for every taste and occasion.

Then there’s the Mavala Sugar Free Lipgloss Collection. This collection contains a collection of shades of wearable pinks, corals and reds.

The lipglosses contain and a combination of polymers and emollient esters, along with grape seed oil and nourishing essential fatty acids such as omega 6 and vitamin E, which combined help soothe, nourish, and regenerate the lips while also helping to reinforce the natural protection of the lips, and help fight free radicals, which are said to be responsible for 80% of skin’s premature ageing.

There are over 13 lip glosses in the range, but the new Sugar Free Collection contains 5 shades;

  • 07 Ice Cream - a Cafe au lait shade, or you could call it a warm peachy bronze shade with golden shimmer
  • 23 Watermelon - a sweet orangy-red shade with golden shimmer
  • 04 Magarita - a frosty granita, a clear with silvery shimmer
  • 28 Bubblegum - a baby doll pink, a bold fuchsia pink with shimmer
  • 29 Grapefruit - a soft medium mauve-pink with shimmer



The glosses contain tiny shimmering particles of mother-of-pearl, which gives them a super shiny look, but without being too glittery. And in spite of being glosses, they are fairly pigmented, in particular the darker shades.

They have a lovely consistency and feel so lovely and moisturising on the lips, and without being sticky or tacky, and once they wear off, your lips feel soft and smooth. And I love the fact that they are a combination of makeup and skincare, caring for the lips as you wear them.

I tend to prefer darker bolder lips, so needless to say that my favourite shade of these new shades would without a doubt be the red watermelon shade followed by the fuchsia Bubblegum. But for everyday wear, I have taken a liking to he Grapefruit shade too, along with the Ice-cream. As for the clear Margarita, it is lovely on its own, but personally I have preferred using it on top of another lipstick for a bit of extra gloss.

In terms of wear, I tend to reapply every few hours, although more frequently if I’ve been eating or drinking as they do transfer.

The glosses come in simple and sleek clear tubes, which I kind of like as then you can see exactly how much you’ve got left. I also like their subtle sweet delicious vanilla scent.

So overall I am really loving these lipglosses. They feel amazing on the lips, and I really do love how they care for my lips and protect them from the elements as I wear them. And the shades are just stunning too. And knowing how much I’m loving their lipstick range, I really shouldn’t have been surprised how gorgeous they are. But again, there are lots more of shades in the lipgloss range, and needless to say that I’ve got my eyes on a few more of the bolder shades, I mean, just how gorgeous does shade such as Strawberry, Raspberry, Pomelo, Macaroon and Cupcake sound.


Mavala Lipgloss - RRP: $20.95 / 4g
Mavala Mini Nail Colour - RRP: $8.50 / 5ml

Available from selected pharmacies and stockists
Or for more information visit Mavala Online


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig