13 March 2018

MUST-TRY BEST SELLERS FROM MARY KAY // PRODUCT REVIEW






I am sure you’ve all heard about Mary Kay… the international brand that has been around for over 50 years, and sold through sales consultants and now also online. And today I am going to talk about a few of their best selling products.

One of their top sellers is the Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. This dual-phase makeup remover quick and easily removes all traces of makeup, even the most long wearing waterproof makeup. And that without rubbing or tugging at the sensitive eye area. The makeup remover is oil-free, which is so rare for a makeup remover for long-wearing makeup, and consequently, it doesn’t leave that anon greasy feeling on the skin afterwards. Yet it doesn’t dry out your skin either but leaves it feeling soft and refreshed. My eyes are a bit on the sensitive side, always watering if products are too strong or fragranced, so I also really love how gentle this makeup remover is, and the it is free from fragrances. Definitely a must try!

Then there’s the Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Colour, which is a super fine and silky soft blush. I really love that it has added Vitamins A, C and E to help protect the skin from free radicals which can cause ageing, help improve the appearance of the skin so it looks softer and smoother. The mineral blush is also oil free and oil-absorbing so it helps prevent the greasy shine, while it is quite pigmented so you can build it up to quite an intense look, which is also long-lasting and fade resistant. I tried the shade Shy Blush, which is a semi matte blush in a very wearable medium dusty pink shade with a subtle sheen that leaves the skin look radiant and healthy.

Then there’s the Mary Kay Gel Semi-Matte Lipsticks, which I’ve raved about before (you can read more about them here). These lipsticks are super pigmented and offers full-coverage with a single swipe, with a lovely semi-matte finish with a velvety feel and just a touch of sheen, which I actually really like.

The lipsticks are also quite long wearing, I get about 4-5 hours wear from these lipsticks, and unlike many long-wearing lipsticks that often dries out the lips and end up looking horrible and flakey on the lips, these Lipsticks have a gel microsphere technology, which means they feel very soft and smooth and very comfortable on the lips. I tried the shade Bashful You, which is a stunning pale nude shade. Overalll beautiful lipsticks, and I certainly wouldn’t mind adding a few more darker autumn shades to my collection.

I admit that I am not good at remembering using lip liners. I am not sure why, as when do, I really love the result and look pf the more defined lip the you can achieve, and not to mention that it prevents the lipstick from feathering or bleeding, and stay put a lot longer. The Mary Kay Lip Liner in the shade Light Nude, is slightly darker in shade than the Shy Blush Lipstick, but even so, it is the perfect match, and combined they really are the perfect combo. The Lip Liner comes in a wind up pen, which comes with a build-in shaper cap so you can keep the tip pointy for a more precise line. It long-wearing and has a soft and creamy formula, and it easy to apply without tugging at the lips. I definitely need to get better at reaching for the lip liners, and this one is so lovely that it has inspired me to do so.

Finally, a product I am very excited about, the Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinavia. I have always loved the Skindinavia Makeup Finishing, and in fact, its my current go-to spray., so I was excited when I realised the this finishing spray is in fact made as a collaboration between Mary Kay and Skindinavia.

Having combination skin, I have always struggled with making my makeup stay put without the dreaded mid-day shine, but with good finishing spray makes all the difference.

This Mark Kay Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinavia promises to help prevent your makeup from melting, and making it last longer, up to 16 hours, and it really does make such a huge difference to my makeup, even on those very hot and humid days, my skin stays looking nicer for so much longer. The spray also helps ‘set’ makeup including powder foundations and make then look more dewy, but it can also be used throughout the day to freshen up the makeup. The spray has next to no scent, and it is very light and dries quickly without making the skin feel sticky and greasy. I love that it is designed for all skin types, even the most oily. To use, you simply apply your makeup as you usually would, and then shake the bottle and spray 2-4 sprays onto the face. This is seriously amazing, and worth a try. I know I’ll be looking to repurchase this again.


Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover - RRP: $22.00 / 110ml
Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Colour - RRP: $16 / 5g
Mary Kay® Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindanävia® - RRP: $25.00 / 59ml
Mary Kay Lip Liner - RRP: $18.00 / 0.28g
Mary Kay Gel Semi-Matte Lipstick - $25 / 3.6g

Available from Mary Kay 



* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.



Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on
Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram



Share:

1 comment

  1. Great review! I've always loved Mary Kay products! I'm actually looking for a good eye makeup remover, so will definitely check it out.

    Juliet x
    www.sciencebehindbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig