18 July 2013

Product Review: Estee Lauder Stay-On Shadow Paints

As you will probably all know my now, one of my all time favourite brands is Estee Lauder. The quality of their products is always fantastic and the products highly advanced, so I was excited when the lovely and talented makeup artist, Tammerly from Spoilt by Pink Diva, asked if I wanted to trial the Estee Lauder Stay-On Shadow Paints. Here are my thoughts;



 
What They Say:
"Go from smoky to wildly intense with non-stop shadows lit with shimmer. Pure pigments in a creamy shadow. Light-emitting dimensional pearls create shimmer to high-metallic finishes. Finger paint it onto lids. Glides on quickly, wears infinitely-all day."

RRP: $42 – Available from Myer, David Jones, Select Pharmacies and Estee Lauder Online

What I Say:

I love cream shadows so I was very excited to be trialling this Estee Lauder Stay-On Shadow Paints in the colour Halo.

The Estee Lauder Stay-On Shadow Paints come in a very small glass jar, and consequently it is necessary to use the little brush that comes with the eye shadow.
 
 

I was expecting the Eyeshadow to be dense in its consistency, so I was rather surprised when I realised that it was a light and soft mouse-style formula, which quickly turns into a powder when applied.

Estee Lauder claims that the Shadow Paints are crease-free, won’t fade, and will give a 12-hour wear.

I tried the colour Halo, which is a pearlescent champagne colour, which is suitable to use both as base for other eye shadows, including other powder shadows as well as on its own if you are after just a simple makeup look. You can use it as a slight wash of colour, or if you like easily build up the colour. The as the colour Halo is such a pale champagne colour, it can also be used as a highlighter under the brows. It is very highly pigmented, so just a little bit will give you a nice even pearlescent finish, which still has a very subtle amount of shimmer.

The Eyeshadow is easy to apply, and literally just glides onto the lids with a brush or it can be blended with your fingers. I did find that the small brush that came with the eye shadow was very stiff, and therefore found it a lot easier to either use my fingers or one of my own better eye shadow brushes. In saying that, you have to work very fast when blending the eye shadow, as otherwise it does tend to ‘ball up’.

And as per Estee Lauders claim, the Shadow Paint really does stay put all day – and even without a primer, does it last a good 8 hours on my slightly oily eye lids. And that is still without fading, creasing, falling into small lines, or sliding off.  So with the use of an eye shadow primer, I’d say that you can easily get the 12 hours wear out of it. But I have to say that I am even very impressed with 8 hours of wear, which is so much more than I get from any other eye shadow without the use of a primer!

Even if you put a finger or tissue across the eye during the day, the Shadow Paint stays put, as well as it also easily survives humid days, and getting caught out in the rain. Yet it is easy to remove, although a lot easier with an eye makeup remover for waterproof to avoid tugging and pulling at the eye area.
 
 

The Shadow Paints come in 9 colours, ranging from pale neutrals (Halo is the palest colour), to very intense bright colours, so there is something for every style and taste.

On the negative, due to coming in a small pot, it would make it more difficult to carry around and do touch up doing the day, as well as at $42 each, these are not exactly cheap for a single eye shadow. Again considering the price, I would also have expected to receive a better brush. But in saying that, The Shadow Paint eye shadow is very lovely to wear, and has in no way irritated my sensitive eyes or dropped any particles that has made my eyes water and sting. If you can afford the splurge, these Shadow Paints are well worth it – and I would certainly love to add a few more colours to my makeup collection!
*This product was kindly provided for trial by Spoilt by Pink Diva, and it has been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy.



Have you ever tried any of the eye shadows from Estee Lauder? What is your preferred eye shadow brand? And do you prefer to use single shades, or palettes?

 

 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig