7 July 2013

Product Review: Gorgeous Cosmetics Sheer Brilliance Foundation

Having combination skin with some pigmentation to cover, it is not always easy to find the perfect foundation, so I am always on the lookout for the perfect one. So when I was asked to trial the *Gorgeous Cosmetics Sheer Brilliance Foundation by the lovely and talented makeup artist, Tammerly from Spoilt by Pink Diva, I naturally happily accepted. Here are my thoughts;

 

What They Say:
"A lightweight foundation containing Vitamin A and E to soothe and condition the skin. Offering light to medium coverage. Comes in a pump bottle."

RRP: $50 (30ml) – Available from select retailers, David Jones, Gorgeous Cosmetics Stores, and Gorgeous Cosmetics Online

What I Say:

Gorgeous Cosmetics is a young Australian cosmetic brand by David McConnell a qualified Makeup Artist and hairdresser. The brand aims to quality to the highest standard, with the philosophy that "There is no compromise on the quality of ingredients and I test the product extensively to ensure that it performs exactly the way I want it to. After 10 years of research and development, I am confident that our range is one of the finest available in the marketplace."

The Gorgeous Cosmetics Sheer Brilliance Foundation has a very light and velvety soft texture and a little tricky to use to begin, due to its texture with but it spreads and blends very well – providing that it is blended into the skin very quickly as otherwise I found that it sat on top of the skin in little lumps. It gives a sheer coverage, and leaving the skin with a naturally looking even skin tone with matte powdery finish. The foundation easily hides minor blemishes, but not entirely hiding larger blemishes and age spots/pigmentation.

I also found that it was difficult to build up any coverage with the Sheer Brilliance Foundation, as again, the foundation would start to ‘ball up’ on my skin.

Having combination skin, my issue is always getting a foundation to stay put all day. But that wasn’t a problem with the Sheer Brilliance Foundation, and even without the use of a primer I got managed to go until the afternoon before I needed to touch up and powder my t-zone. But with the aid of a primer and a powder on top to set it, the longevity of the foundation was extended by several hours. And the matte powdery look remains throughout the day, yet without the foundation settling into unsightly lines and creases in the face.

Gorgeous Cosmetics recommends applying the foundation with a brush or a sponge to "avoid any cross contamination from hands to face" - and I agree that using a brush does give the nicest and most even result. However, in saying that, I also found that I got a nice even result using my fingers, and as the foundation comes in a pump bottle, and you are only pumping out just the amount of foundation needed, as well as I would always wash my hands prior to applying the foundation anyway, the "cross contamination" would be minimal.

And I do like the fact that it comes in a pump bottle, as it is not only so easy to use, it is also more hygienic than constantly dipping your fingers into a jar. However, as the pump bottle is cream coloured, my only issue is that it would be impossible to see when the foundation is nearing the end.

The foundation has a slight chemical scent, which in a way also smells a little 'old style' and possibly as if the foundation has been in use for quite a while (although it clearly has not). And while I’m not loving this scent, it is however still very subtle, and quickly disappears once the foundation has been applied and absorbed into the skin.

At $50 this foundation is not cheap, but as you can only use a little and not build up the coverage, a bottle would last you quite a while. And the Fact that the coverage cannot be built up is along with the scent my only negatives about this foundation. But on the other hand, as the name suggests this is a sheer foundation and I am therefore also wanting a slightly better coverage than this foundation is intended to offer.
*This product was kindly provided for trial by Spoilt by Pink Diva, and it has been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy.


Have you ever tried any of the products from Gorgeous Cosmetics? What is your preferred foundation?

 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig