5 April 2013

Product Review: Trilogy Age Proof CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate

I am unfortunately at the age where fine lines and wrinkles are starting to creep in especially around the eye area. And being 29 weeks pregnant I find it harder and harder to get a good night’s sleep, so sadly I also have increasing bags and puffiness under my eyes too. I have used eye creams for as long as I can remember, but right now find it more important than ever, so when I was asked to trial the *Trilogy Age Proof CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate by the lovely and talented makeup artist, Tammerly from Spoilt by Pink Diva, I naturally happily accepted. Here are my thoughts;

 


What They Say:

A silky and cooling concentrate designed to help increase firmness and reduce periocular fine lines around the delicate eye area. A gem to keep on hand at all times, this fragrance-free formula can be applied to cleansed skin before moisturising or over make-up.

RRP: $36.95 (7.5ml) – Available from Priceline, Myer, David Jones, and select Pharmacies

What I Say: 

Increasingly interested in more natural skincare, I was very excited to trial the Trilogy Age Proof CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate. And who doesn’t love the sound of a product that promises to rewind time!
The Age Proof CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate comes in a handy little glass bottle with a roll-on applicator, which works to delicately massage the eye area while applying the eye serum. And thanks to roll-on applicator, it is so easy to use, although it still requires a bit of blending in with fingertips after application. The roll-on applicator is a bonus, but I am not too sure that it is very hygienic in the long term.

Before applying the Trilogy Age Proof CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate, I find that the bottle needs a gentle shake to combine the ingredients. Hereafter, I can apply the eye concentrate using the roller-ball in gentle, even circles, which to stimulate circulation around the eye area. The roller-on is very easy to use, and it is easy to dispense the eye concentrate and massage the eye area without pulling or pushing the sensitive eye area too much.


 


The Trilogy Age Proof CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate is a silky smooth serum, which has a cooling effect when it is applied to the eye area, which instantly seems to reduce any puffiness. The concentrate absorbs quickly, and doesn’t leave behind any greasiness or stickiness, but instead leaves the skin around the eyes looking soft, smooth and moisturised. Used during the day, it is works as a great foundation for makeup not having an effect on the staying power.


The Eye Recovery Concentrate has a yellow tint and and is fragrance free, but still as a slight but pleasant scent coming from the natural ingredients in the serum. This is however very subtle, and quickly fades away, as soon as the cream has absorbed. I have very sensitive eyes that easily get irritated and water, but I have not had any issues using the concentrate.


After having used the Age Proof CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate for approx. three weeks, the area around my eyes does look more moisturised and refreshed, and the puffiness has reduced, but I have to be honest and admit that the lines and dark circles around my eyes are still prominent and that I haven’t noticed any drastic improvements in those since using the serum – but in saying that I do also have a lot of restless nights at the moment.


However, although it didn’t dramatically reduce lines and dark circles under my eyes, I actually still really like Trilogy Age Proof CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate for its cooling feeling and for reducing the puffiness and making my tired eyes look more refreshed. And while I don’t find the roll-on applicator very hygienic, I do like it and find it beneficial for its massaging effects, and not to mention that it is just so easy to use.


I also love, and will give the Eye Recovery Concentrate bonus points for being full of naturally active ingredients, and for not containing any filler or potentially toxic ingredients, and for being both paraben and sulfate free.


At a RRP of $36.95 for 7.5ml, it’s not exactly cheap but then again, after now having used it for almost 3 weeks, it still looks like I’ve barely used any, so it will last you a couple of months.


All in all I really do like the Trilogy Age Proof CoQ10 Eye Recovery Concentrate, and will most definitely continue to use it. And if you are like me and are concerned with the signs of ageing, then I highly recommend that you try it. You’ve got nothing to lose!

*This product was kindly provided for trial by Spoilt by Pink Diva, and it has been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy.

Have you ever tried any of the products from Trilogy? What is your preferred eye cream?



 

 
Share:

2 comments

  1. Good to know, that it seems working, thanks for this exact test and I´m really happy with you that you saw an effect (although I don´t believe that you´re really have some wrinkles).

    xx Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena, and yeah, sadly the wrinkles are slowly starting to set in, although Im doing what I can to prevent them!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig