3 July 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW: DERMAENERGY CLEAN WITH ENVY, A MEAN CLEAN AND DERMABRUSH



As a beauty junkie, I am always excited when I come across new brands I haven’t come across before, so today I am so excited to be putting some cleansers from Dermaenergy to the test.

Dermaenergy is a medical skincare brand that promises to improve skin over time, thanks to containing active ingredients that have prolonged stimulation of the skin. I’ve put two of their cleansers to the test, Clean with Envy and A Mean Clean to the test.

The Dermaenergy Clean with Envy* is a rich foaming cleanser that is designed to be used both morning and night on all skin types. The cleanser helps lift away dirt, grime and excess oil. It foams up really well and I feel it gives my skin a good deep clean without stripping it or making it dry. However, as it is also contains lactic acid, it gives the skin a exfoliation at the same time, which works great for those like me with combination skin prone to breakouts, but I am not sure if its possibly too drying for those with dry skin types. In addition, it also contains ATP, which is Adenosine Triphosphate, which acts as an energy boost for the skin, also helping to rejuvenate the skin - and my skin does look both clean and refreshed after each use.

The cleanser can also be used to remove makeup, but personally I prefer to use my usual makeup remover and eye makeup remover, and use this cleanser as the second cleanser for a deeper clean, however, as I also had the A Mean Clean to try, I’ve been using the Clean with Envy in the mornings and A Mean Clean at night. The Clean with Envy has a lovely fresh citrusy scent, thanks to contain tangerine essential oils.

Then there’s the Dermaenergy A Mean Clean*, which is a more intense cleanser perfect for those with oily, congested or acne prone skin, and as it is more intense than Clean With Envy, I have been using this at night, after removing my makeup, to ensure my breakout prone skin has been given a more intense clean deep down every single pore. The main reason for being ore intense is the fact that it contains both Lactic Acid, 6% along with Glycolic Acid, 3%, which helps give the skin a chemical exfoliation, dissolving the dead skin cells. Again, great for greasier skin types, but I’d definitely think that it would be too intense and drying for those with dry skin.

I did love how my skin felt so deeply cleansed after using this cleanser, so soft and smooth. And those areas where I’ve been struggling with some hormonal breakouts, such as on chin and cheeks, have cleared up since using it just once daily. It has a slightly stronger citrusy scent, thanks to containing not just tangerine essential oils, but also oils from lemon and orange, but with citrus being my favourite scent, I really like this refreshing scent.


Finally, I also put the Dermaenergy DermaBrush* to the test. This brush is quite little and fits perfectly between your fingers. It is made from fine soft silicone rubber, and is to help intensify the cleanser and give the skin a superior clean, compared to using just your fingers. It can be used both morning and evening, and with any cleanser. It is quick and easy to use, by simply massaging it across your face. And after use, I really did feel that my skin was extra clean, and had been given a gentle massage at the same time. This little gadget is cheap, and can be used again and again, so it really is a great little buy.

Personally I have both a Clairsonic and Foreo, which I do prefer using, however, when travelling, the little Dermaenergy DermaBrush would be fantastic to bring along.

Overall, I have enjoyed putting these cleansers and the brush to the test. My favourite was the stronger and more intense A Mean Clean, and mainly because my skin has been through a period with lots of breakouts, and I think the glycol contents has really helped unclog my pores. The products are quite well priced, also as they come in large tunes, and they are very concentrated so you only need a little each time.

And there are heaps for products in their product range, including moisturisers and serums for all skin types too. I love their simple packaging with the touch of bright colours, and what about the cool names. I definitely be keen on putting more of their skincare products to the test, especially having my eyes on things like Refine over Time, a serum for dull and acne prone skin, Shed the Dead, a leave-on AHA and BHA liquid exfoliant and Dissolve and Solve blemish treatment, just just mention a few.


Dermaenergy Clean with Envy - RRP: $44 / 200ml
Dermaenergy A Mean Clean - RRP: $44 / 200ml
Dermaenergy DermaBrush - RRP: $10

Available from Dermaenergy


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on
Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig