11 September 2013

Product Review: anumi Selections Miracle Recovery

I am at the age where I have times where I feel that my skin is starting to look dull and tired, and needing an extra boost, and I am consequently on an eternal quest to find the magic product that at the same time will agree with my combination skin. Here are my thoughts on the anumi Selections Miracle Recovery;



What They Say:
"anumi Selections Miracle Recovery is an overnight treatment that rejuvenates dull and tired skin. This lightweight concentrate is enriched with Squalane, which has similar molecular structure to human skin and is readily absorbed.  Combining with our Vitamin E recovery formula, it restores hydration and improves elasticity, resulting in smoother and shinier skin."

The oil can be mixed with other facial cream to provide extra moisturising. It can also soothe irritated skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis."


RRP: $65 (30ml) – Available from anumi Skincare

What I Say:

I have previously heard of the anumi brand, but never tried any of the products before. Upon doing some research I was excited to find that the products are made from certified organic ingredients, and that it has not been tested on animals. And I give it even more bonus points for being both Australian owned and made.

The Miracle Recovery is a night treatment, intended to rejuvenate dull and tired skin. It can be used on its own, or be mixed with other creams for extra hydration.

Having combination skin prone to breakouts, as always when trying out new cream, and even more so with night creams, as they are usually richer, I am worried that they will make my skin break out.

The Miracle Recovery is like a serum, so I started using just a few drops of the serum over my face. It does take a while for it to completely absorb into the skin, but once it has, my skin is left soft, smooth and so moisturised – no doubt due containing vitamin E and squalane, which is also supposed to improve skin elasticity.

Unfortunately, the next morning after using it, I would wake to a skin that was feeling very greasy, almost as if it was suffocating. So the following night, I used it again, but this time, used even less, but sadly the following morning I was again left with very greasy skin. And after using it for just a few nights, sadly my skin started to break out, - to me a clear sign that it is simply too rich for my combination skin.
As the instructions said that the oil can be mixed with other moisturisers for extra hydration, I tried that, but I think the ‘damage’ was already done, and my skin continued to break out, so I decided to stop using the Miracle Recovery on my face, and instead use on neck and chest area. And I have to say that I am impressed with the results, as my skin is so much softer and smoother and looks so much better.
 
 

The Miracle Recovery comes in a simple white box, which details all the ingredients and how to use it. And as well as saying that the product should be used within 12 months of opening, it also has a printed use-by-date, which I really do like, and so with was a standard for all cosmetic products. The actual serum is housed in a dark green glass bottle. It has a very nifty push button at the top which fills the glass dropper. I like this, as it means that it is not necessary to dip your fingers into the serum, which is more hygienic.
The serum has a very natural scent of lavender, and although I’m not too keen on this scent, it is however so subtle, that it certainly does not put me off using the product.

The serum retails at $65 for 30ml, but as only a few drops are needed, it will seriously last you a long time.


What I Like:
  • That it is made from certified organic ingredients and is Australian made and owned
  • It is very concentrated and can be used both on its own and mixed with a moisturiser
  • The packaging and the nifty glass dropper that makes it so easy to use

What I Don’t Like:
  • Unfortunately too rich and greasy for my combination skin, but it would it would suit those with drier skin types

All in all this is a lovely serum, and although it is claimed to be suitable for all skin types, I would dare to say that it is better suited to those with dry skin.


Have you ever tried any of the products from anumi? Do you use facial oils? What’s your favourite?
Share:

12 comments

  1. Sounds interesting! I haven't even heard about anumi before)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I don't see the brand around very often either, but I am very keen on trying some of their other products.

      Delete
  2. It's a shame this didn't work for your face. It sounds like a great product.

    I haven't heard of the brand before either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately having combination skin prone to breakouts, it is often the case that such products are too heavy for my skin.

      Delete
  3. It's a shame that its a bit more greasy - it probably wouldn't suit my skin either. But I'm a sucker for oils, so if my skin was a little bit more stable (meaning not so oily), I'd surely try this out :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love oils too, but have the same problem, that they are often to greasy for my combination skin. Unfortunately!

      Delete
  4. I've been on the lookout for a good serum for what feels like forever. Too bad this one makes skin greasy though. Since I already have oily skin this one would be horrible for me. At least now I know! Lovely post and looking forward to more in the future :)

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps Debra. With combination skin, I am also always struggling finding serums and creams that aren't too heavy for my skin. Unfortunately this one was, but luckily my chest is enjoying it!!

      Delete
  5. It's really unfortunate that it was too greasy because this could have been a real hero product. Under my eyes and cheeks are really dull in the morning and require a bit of plumping out before I face the world. Great posts though, I like posts that if you weren't 100% satisfied with the product you still gave it a good review.

    Kate Hurn
    Beauty Hot Squad

    A Woman's Quest - 3 Bargain Mascaras Put To The Test

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Kate. It is too heavy and greasy for my face, but my chest is enjoying the extra moisture. I think it would be perfect for those with drier skin types.

      Delete
  6. A shame it didn't do much for your face, but glad you found use for it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My chest is often a little neglected, so it works perfectly there.

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig