1 November 2012

My Favourite Summer Perfumes


I love perfumes, and I have more than I dare to count. I usually travel to Europe every year, and has for the past decade, and on each trip, I buy a new perfume, well at least one. Add to that the traditional perfume for my birthday and Christmas, plus the odd one here and there during the year too, and suddenly you have quite a collection.

But I still have my favourites. The ones with sentimental value that I’ve been given for special occasions, or the ones I have worn for special occasions such as my wedding. And then there are all the other favourites; the ones that I mostly wear during winter, as they are bit heavier and spicier, and the ones I prefer during summer, as they are light and fresh.

Here are my favourite summer perfumes;



Dolce & Gabbana - L`Imperatrice 3

Was launched in 2009 as a part of the D&G Anthology.

There are seven fragrances in the collection, and in the advertising campaigns celebrities are shown naked. L`Imperatrice 3 is advertised by Naomi Campbell, and the perfume features aromas of watermelon, kiwi, pink cyclamen and musk, and is such a beautiful and refreshing, yet long lasting fruity scent.

Price: $69.95 – Available from Fragrance Heaven


 




Tommy Hilfiger – Tommy Girl

I have used this perfume for over a decade now, and I have repurchased it several times too. Hubby loves it too, as it was what I used to wear all the time when we first met.

Tommy Girl Perfume by Tommy Hilfiger was launched in 1996. It is a feminine and refreshing flowery fragrance perfect for daytime wear.

Fragrance Notes Include Camellia Flower, Tangerine, Apple Blossom, Cherokee Rose, Honeysuckle, Butterfly Violet And Wild Heather.

Price: $30 (30ml) Available from Myer


 




Kenzo - L’Eau par Kenzo

L'Eau Par Kenzo was launched in the year 2000, and was given to me that year for Christmas by my parents. It is a refreshing, floral, marine fragrance. The fragrance top notes include bergamot, jasmine and freesia, while the middle notes are: citrus, ylang-ylang and patchouli and the base of the fragrance is: cedar, sandalwood and oakmoss.

It is so light and fresh, yet it lasts all day, it is just perfect for daytime wear.

Price: $49.95 (50ml) - Available from Fragrance Heaven


 



 
Clinique – Happy

Happy was launched in 1997, and its fragrance notes include with a hint of citrus, ruby red grapefruit, boysenberry bush flower, and Hawaiian wedding flower. It is such a light and fresh floral scent, which is so uplifting. It really does make you happy! I always get so many comments when I wear it.

I first bought it in September 2001 on my way to Fiji on Holidays. A few days later 9/11 happened, and needless to say that it did have an effect on our holiday, but even so, Happy has remained a favourite ever since.

RRP: $52 –Available from Clinique


 

Elizabeth Arden – Pretty

Pretty was launched in 2009, and I instantly liked it after smelling it in a department store. A few days later, Hubby surprised me with a gift box containing the perfume and a body lotion. Just out of the blue, what a sweetie he is!

Italian mandarin and orange blossom mixed with peach juices. A heart is floral and gentle, created of petalia, starry jasmine, pink lily and peony, while base is soft and pleasant, composed of musk, Jacaranda wood and creamy amber.

Price: $29.99 – Available from Chemist Warehouse




Marc Jacobs – Kumquat

This limited edition perfume is a part Marc Jacobs’ Splash fragrance collection, and was launched for the summer of 2012. I purchased it duty free in September on my way to Europe, and I have to admit, that I got it because I couldn’t find the perfume I really had decided to get. But I’m so happy that I got it anyway.

Containing of tangerine, bergamot and orange, dried kumquat, tiger orchid and jasmine, it is such a refreshing, light, citrusy and floral scent scent.

Price: $49 (100ml) – Available from Adore Beauty





Issey Miyake – A Scent

L'eau d'Issey Eau de Parfum version of the original fragrance from 1992 is one of my signature scents, that I have been using since it was launched. But it is a little heavy for daytime summer wear, I quickly fell for A Scent by Issey when it was launched in 2009. 

This is a minimalistic, simple and clear fragrance inspired by Japanese mountains, and contains fragrance notes from jasmine, hyacinth and cedar, French verbena and lemon, which make this fragrance more feminine light and fresh.

Price: $54 –Available from Perfumery





Do you have any of these perfumes? What is your favourite summer scent?







Share:

2 comments

  1. I dont have any of these perfumes but certainly wish I did.
    I Have put myself on a perfume purchasing ban until I have used up a few of mine.
    I really like the Elizabeth Arden Green Tea as a summer scent as its really crisp and clean and very well priced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I have also tried to put myself on a perfume spending ban, but it is the one thing I cannot keep!! I actually also have Green Tea, and agree, I love it too, along with the price!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig