27 November 2017

PRODUCT REVIEW: A SLIMMER AND FIRMER BODY WITH ALPHA KERI


After having two kids, my body is certainly not the way it used to be. A few stretchmarks here, and a bit of flab there. But in the end of the day, I love our little boys more than anything, and wouldn't change anything for the world. But that doesn't mean that I don't strive to get my body looking a little better again, so I was naturally excited when some products from Alpha Keri landed on my desk.

If you've never heard of Alpha Keri, it is an Australian brand that uses advanced skincare technology with active ingredient complexes to leave the skin hydrated, protected and restored, along with a lanolin-hydro technology, mineral skin-brightening and collagen-plus to target skin imperfections such as dry skin, ageing skin, sensitive skin, cellulite, dermatitis and eczema prone skin.

I've put the Alpha Keri Body Slimfit Stretch Mark Reductor and Slimming Serum along with the Heat-Activating Slimming and Firming Serum to the test...

The Alpha Keri Body Slimfit Stretch Mark Reductor and Slimming Serum makes some huge claims, promising 93% Visible Stretch Mark Reduction, while also slimming and shaping the skin. It is made using a Bio-Enzyme + Collagen-Filler Technology that helps gently exfoliate dead skin cells off the epidermis and brightens the skin to make stretch marks less visible. It also contains derivatives of Siegesbeckia Orientalis and Centella Asiatica Extract, to help stimulate the production of collagen to regulate firmness and even out skin colour and tone.

In addition, it has a unique 'Fat Burner Technology' that promises to speed up the fat burning process in cells whilst unique actives block metabolism of glucose into fat deposits creating lipolysis (breakdown of fats).

Then there's the Alpha Keri Heat-Activating Slimming and Firming Serum, which promises a massive 87% achieved Slimming and slenderising, while also slimming, firming and shaping the body and reducing fat accumulation, on waist, tummy, hips and thighs.

The heat activated formula feels warming on the skin, and helps enable a more rapid penetration of the active ingredients. It is made using among others Fat Burner + Caffeine Pro-complex and Gluco Blocker technology to help boost metabolism speed and break down fat tissue encouraging drainage of excess fluid and the excretion of toxins from the body. In addition it also helps firm, smooth and hydrate the skin, and improve the skin elasticity.

Both are to be used morning and evening in circular motions on problematic areas, and with two products, I decided to use the Stretch Mark Reductor in the morning, and the Heat-Activating Slimming and Firming Serum at night before going to bed. I've been using these products for well over 6 weeks now, and thankfully still got some product left in the tubes, as I am really enjoying them. I am always applying body creams after my morning showers, so I have just replaced my usual one in the morning with the Stretch Mark Reductor, so it is really just taking the time to apply the Slimming and firming Serum at night that take extra time.

The serums come in pretty large 200ml tubes, so they will last you quite a while, especially if you only use where required. They both have quite strong fragranced scent, which personally I don't mind, but some may find too overwhelming.

Overall, I have to say that I am very impressed with the results of using these two serums. I have to admit that while I certainly did stack on a fair bit of weight during each of my pregnancies, I am very fortunate that I didn't really get any noticeable stretchmarks, and consequently it is really difficult for me to say if using this cream has made any significant difference, as the few smaller stretch marks I have, really are tiny and barely visible.

As for my skin - n
o, these creams have not made my body return to my pre-pregnancy body, and I do believe that it takes an overall health change including diet and exercise to do that. However, what I have noticed, is that my skin generally is looking somewhat firmer and more toned, as well as my skin appears to be more glowing and therefore also more youthful. So I am definitely happy to continue using as an ongoing part of my body skincare routine, as it is certainly a good addition to an overall body regimen, and really you've got nothing to lose but giving these a go.  


Alpha Keri Body Slimfit Stretch Mark Reductor and Slimming Serum - RRP: $49.99 / 200ml
Alpha Keri Heat-Activating Slimming and Firming Serum - RRP: $49.99 / 200ml

Available from Priceline and Alpha Keri 



* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.



Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig