23 December 2017

XMAS WITH ALDI


While we try our best to be healthy throughout the year, needless to say that when its Xmas time, a few extra treats come out... Including when friends come visiting. And that's when we love shopping, as their selection of Xmas goodies is so incredible, so many unique products (many of which I've grown up with in Europe), and the quality is exceptional too.
I've always had a thing for Fudge, so of course cant pass up on the Specialty Selected Luxury Butter Fudge. It is made in Yorkshire using lots of butter to give a creamy firm, yet crumbly fudge that melts in your mouth. So irresistible you'll be reaching for more.

Another treat is the Specially Selected Gourmet Hazelnut Nougat, which is one of my favourites as I just never can resist a soft white nougat. This one is hand made in Australia containing lots of hazelnuts and has the most delicious buttery nutty flavour that will be a sure success with everyone.

Or what about the Specialty Selected Milk Chocolate Belgian Truffles, which are flaked milk chocolate with a truffle centre. These are seriously so delicious.

Again, having grown up in Europe, one of the things that I associate with Christmas, is marzipan, but for some reason we don't really see that a lot in Australia. So each year, I am sure to grab (and stock-pile!!) a few of the Specialty Selected Marzipan Rounds. which are milk chocolate rounds filled with Jamaican rum marzipan and different fruit filling from cherry, plum and cherry. I also love that they come individually wrapped inside the box

Perfect when guests come around, or to bring as a hostess gift, is the Specialty Selected Petit Fours, which is a box with a selection of beautifully decorated different chocolates filled with different naturally flavoured smooth cream filling covered in rich Belgium chocolate. I tell you, they're moreish!

And what's Christmas without pudding, but thankfully Aldi has so many different varieties, including the Speciality Selected Mini Champagne Puddings, which is perfect serving for one - which I actually like. My husband doesn't like puddings, so purchasing a large one just for myself, is always way too much, so I often simply don't purchase any. But these smaller individual serves are just perfect so this way, I can still get to enjoy one. And a luxury one at that too, as it is made with a blend of vine fruits, almonds, and pecan nuts, and steeped in Cider, Champagne and Brandy and beautifully finished with succulent brandy soaked cherries in a golden syrup, and finally dusted with a gold lustre for a festive look.

But Aldi also have your Xmas decorations covered. Throughout December, I've had my dining table decorated with red bead garlands, making my white table look extra festive, and my outside alfresco area has looked amazing decorated with Multicolour Solar LED Fairy Lights. I love that they are LED so you don't have to worry about access to a power point, and they have 8 different light functions, so you can have them flashing just how you like it, and they remember your flash settings, even when off. We'll be enjoying both the bead garlands and the LED lights for years to come .


Speciality Selected Chocolates, Bead Garlands and LED Fairy Lights
Available from ALDI


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice. 


Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig