7 December 2017

PRODUCT REVIEW: DECIEM THE ORDINARY SERUM FOUNDATION AND COVERAGE FOUNDATION


One of those brands there has been so much hype about lately, and all beauty writers and bloggers rave about, is The Ordinary from Deciem, which promises effective products at affordable prices. I have a growing wish list of products from the brand that I so want to try out, so when a couple of their foundations landed on my desk, I couldn't wait to try them.

The newest foundation additions to the Ordinary's range, are the Serum Foundation and the Coverage Foundation, and what is really impressive is that they are both available in a massive 21 shades, and secondly they are so super affordable at just $12.70 and $12.90 each. But what's cheap, if they don't perform... So I've put them to the test..

Let's start with The Ordinary Serum Foundation, which is a serum textured lightweight foundation that promises a natural-looking medium coverage while softening undesirable hues and reduces imperfections. I love that the foundation is literally light as air, and it blends so quickly and easily, though you do have to work extremely fast before it absorbs into the skin. Once one, it does give the skin a very light sheer coverage and a nice velvety matte finish, which I really like on my combination skin. I do have quite some pigmentation, breakouts, scars from past acne and fine lines, and while it does even everything out a little making it look less obvious, however much I like this foundation, and think its great option for casual days, unfortunately I feel my 'flawed' skin needs a little extra coverage. As for wear, again on my combination skin, I did get shiny on especially the t-zone in the middle of the day and also slightly settled in lines, but that said, that's pretty standard for most foundations on my skin. But considering its super lightweight formula, it wears surprisingly well.

Then there's The Ordinary Coverage Foundation is a heavier formula and with a high coverage, which I really like, especially when I'm going out. It easily covers everything from redness, along with most pigmentation, breakouts and scarring, while still leaving the skin looking quite natural, and not look like the foundation has been caked on. You can also build up the coverage every so slightly, but if applying too much, I do find it's looking less natural.

The foundation has a slightly thicker consistency than the Serum Foundation, but surprisingly it is still quite light, and with my combination skin, I really like that it is non-oily, and dries to a velvety matte finish. I also love that it has such a long wear, even on my skin that tends to get greasy mid day, and that it doesn't settle into fine lines or change colour.

Considering the budget prices, these foundations really are great. I actually like both, I only wish I didn't feel my skin needed that little bit extra coverage than what the Serum Foundation provides, and therefore the Coverage Foundation is clearly my favourite of the two.

The foundations come in simple plastic bottles with easy to use pumps - and if you like me has ever dropped a foundation in a glass bottle , you'll remember how messy it can get, so really appreciating the plastic bottle.

I tried the shade 2.0N for both foundations, which is described as a Light Medium with a neutral base, and it is a really good match for my skin. And that brings me to talk about the elaborate colour chart, which makes it so much easier to select your perfect foundation shade when shopping online.

However, I do have to say that while I selected the same shade for both foundations, they are not completely the same, with the serum foundation appearing slightly warmer, though thankfully both are still a good match.


The Ordinary Colours Serum Foundation - RRP: $12.70 / 30ml
The Ordinary Full Coverage Foundation - RRP: $12.90 / 30ml

Available from Deciem Stores and online, and Priceline


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.



Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram



Share:

1 comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig