21 September 2017

PRODUCT REVIEW: DERMALOGICA PRECLEANSE BALM

Who doesn't love Dermalogica - I do, and have so many favourites ranging from the Microfoliant to PreCleanse, so I'm very excited to be sharing with you the newest launch, the Dermalogica PreCleanse Balm..


This new Dermalogica PreCleanse Balm is a deep-cleaner that helps melts away impurities and make-up from skin, to help achieve cleaner, healthier-looking skin. It is the first step in a double cleanse regimen.

The PreCleanse Balm is a water-activated, balm-to-oil version of the best-selling oil cleanser, and it helps deconstruct the layers of excess sebum, and the most stubborn of long-wearing makeup, and it is so gentle that you can use it to remove even waterproof mascara too. And all while the Natural Biolipid Complex helps lock in hydration and reinforces the skin barrier while apricot kernel oil helps to nourish the skin.

The PreCleanse Balm comes with a cool grey double sided silicone mitt that fits perfectly onto the hand. It has small bristles on one side, and slightly bigger ones on the other - in some way, it kind of reminds me of my Foreo. And I have to say that I love this mitt, such a great inclusion.

To use, you start by massaging massaging small amount of the PreCleanse Balm into the dry face and massage it into the skin with the included Cleansing Mitt, on the small bristle side, to loosen up and remove makeup, dirty and impurities, while giving the skin a mild exfoliation and an extra deep clean. It is quite thick, but quickly 'melts' with the warmth of your fingers and face. You then wet your hands and massage the skin to emulsify it and create a milky solution to further activate the product before rinsing it off. When done, you follow with your usual cleanser for a thorough cleanse deep down every pore.

This PreCleanse Balm is suitable for normal to dry skin types, while the original PreCleanse Oil is best for normal to oily skin types. I have combination skin, and have to say that right now while its still cold, and my skin tends to be a little drier, I actually prefer this new balm version. I guess I also find that it's less 'messy' and I can better control the amount of product that I dispense, so there is no wastage, which there sometimes can be with the oil. It is super gentle, and super efficient. I'm in love!!



Dermalogica PreCleanse Balm - RRP: $65.00 / 90ml

Available from Dermalogica, Activeskin, Adore Beauty, Facial Co, Hello Skinsmart, Skincare Store and David Jones 


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram 


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig