29 September 2017

PRODUCT REVIEW: CLARINS INSTANT LIGHT LIP COMFORT OILS

As a beauty blogger, needless to say that I use a large variety of different beauty products, aimed at different areas from top to toe. But every so often you come across a new type of product that really gets you excited like no other - and that's exactly what the Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oils did to me.. 



These Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oils are infused with 100% pure plant oils to nourish, soothe and plump lips, while leaving them with a just a touch a colour, and giving them a gorgeous scent at the same time. They can be used on their own for soft and hydrated lips, before lipstick for a smoother look, or on top of lipstick for added shine and gloss.

There are 7 different shades in the range, of which 4 of them have just been added to the range;

  • Honey Glam, for a pop of shimmer 
  • Mint for a cool, natural look 
  • Candy, which react to the PH of your lips creating a personalised shade of pink 
  • Tangerine, which react to the PH of your lips creating a personalised shade of pink or coral 
The Lip Oils come in square lipgloss-style tube, with the signature golden Clarins lid. And what I really love, is the large foot doe applicator, which makes it so easy to apply the oil across the lips in a single stroke. 


As for the shades, each of them are not only different in terms of their shade, but also in their unique star ingredient, scent, and thus also in its benefits to the lips. 

Lets start with the Candy, which is also one my favourites. This one contains organic aramanth flower extract, which is a native South American flower, which not only smells gorgeous, as well as it has hydrating and nourishing properties. This shade also has the unique feature that it will react to the PH of your lips creating a very personalised shade of pink with varies from person to person. How cool! In the tube it looks a slightly fluro pink, but on my lips it turns a pale soft pink which is enhancing the natural shade of the lips. It has a slightly sweet, floral candy scent.

Then there's Tangerine, which is also a favourite. It has the same unique PH technology, and while it has a orangy-red tint in the packaging, it gives my lips a lovely coral tint. It contains buriti extract to enhance and nourish and maintain the moisture in the lips, and it has sweet orange, or guess I should say, tangerine scent.

Next is the Mint, which initially did make me pause for a second, as I am really not one for green lips, as it looks in the tube. But thankfully it doesn't make your lips green, it actually has next to no tint leaving the lips with just a glossy look. As the name suggests, the star ingredient is menthe des champ, or menthol, to stimulate blood flow, which gives a cooling sensation, but also leaves the lips nourished while also having a plumping effect. I personally didn't see a major plumping effect, but love mint, and also the cooling and refreshing feeling on my lips. Unexpectedly, it doesn't actually smell that minty, but is rather sweet too.

Finally, there's Honey Glam, which contains tiny golden shimmer particles. On the lips it leaves a golden sheen with the glitter, and once it gloss wears off, the glitter particles tend to stay on the lips. I am not personally that fond of glitter, which is why this one is my least favourite of the bunch. That said, it is lovely to use on top of a lipstick for that extra radiance. Its star ingredient is hazelnut oil with the purpose of adding nourishment and hydration to the lips. It has a lovely warm honey scent.

Overall I am really loving these lip oils - not really because of their shades, as they are so subtle, but because they simply feel so lovely and non sticky on my lips and instantly make my lips feel so soft and smooth, and for hours after they've worn off. These lip oils have completely won me over, and I find myself reaching for them instead of my usual lip balm during the day, or in the casual situations when I'd usually use a neutral lip gloss. I can see myself repurchasing these again and again. So there are 7 shades in the range, the above four new shades along with existing Honey, Raspberry and Red Berry - I think I'll definitely need to go check out especially Raspberry and Red Berry... And you too should check them out, as they seriously are incredible, and as their name suggests, they really are so comfortable to wear.


Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil - RRP: $33.00 ea / 7ml

Available from Clarins, Myer, David Jones and select pharmacies

* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.



Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig