25 September 2017

PRODUCT REVIEW: BEAN BODY COCONUT COFFEE SCRUB

Coffee Scrubs are all the rave at the moment, and as a coffee lover, I have naturally jumped on on board too, and love not only the gorgeous coffee scent, and what they do to my skin. So when a pack of Bean Body Coffee Scrub landed on my desk, I couldn't wait to try.. 

Bean Body Coffee Scrub, is an Australian brand, who believes that we should all feel beautiful inside and out - and note that while they are Australian, they do have offices overseas too, and ships worldwide!. And hence they have created Bean Body, a range of affordable, organic, and natural body products, made with the highest quality premium ingredients. 

I tried the Bean Body Coconut Coffee Scrub, which contains among others;

  • Caffeine from the Arabica Seed Powder to stimulate blood flow and help reduce the appearance of cellulite, eczema, stretch marks, age spots, varicose veins and psoriasis 
  • Demerara Sugar and Himalayan Salt to exfoliate the skin, removing dead skin, acne, whiteheads, blackheads, breakouts and other skin blemishes 
  • Coconut Oil and jojoba seed oil and almond oil to hydrate and moisturise the skin 
  • Cocoa and Vitamin E which are high in antioxidants to nourish and protect the skin, promoting cell repair and rejuvenation 

This coffee scrub essentially looks like most other coffee scrubs - like the used coffee beans in your coffee machine! But in addition, the added ingredients including the coconut oil, gives this the most divine scent.

To use, you simply scrub a handful onto damp skin, and massage in circular motions, focusing on problem areas, such as areas with stretchmarks, age spots or where you have breakouts. You then leave it to dry on the skin for about 5 minutes before rinsing it off. Personally I wash my hair, and after I've rinsed it, and applied my conditioner or hair treatment, I use the scrub, and once done, I use the time waiting for both the conditioner and the body scrub to do its magic, by shaving my armpits or using my Clairsonic on my face, is before rinsing everything off.

The actual scrub is a little coarse, so I am not sure how you'd go if you have very sensitive skin, but personally I do not have any issues, and quit like the gritty feel as I massage it over my skin. And after each use, I can clearly feel my skin is so soft and smooth, all dead skin cells gently buffed away, while the oils have added moisture and nourishment to my skin. And leaving my skin - and my bathroom smelling rather nice of coffee too, giving me a much needed caffeine kick at the same time.

I am not - and if you regularly tune into BLH, you'll know this -the biggest lover of coconut scented products, but thankfully this is still quite subtle, so I actually don't mind, but there are so many other varieties in the Bean Body range, that there is something for everyone, including me, - and I already got my eyes on the Mandarin Coffee Scrub as well as the Peppermint Coffee Scrub!

If I have to be negative, - and this would go for all coffee scrubs, but I don't enjoy that I feel have to clean my shower afterwards, as it really does tend to become a little messy. Also, I do find the packaging a little tricky to use when in the shower with wet hands, and do not really find it ideal sticking my wet hands into the pack, as I feel I not only add water to the product, but also drop so much of the scrub in the process. I would much prefer it if could come in some type of plastic bottle allowing you to easily tip out the amount of product needed without wasting or diluting the product.

But all of that said, it is a fantastic scrub. It is efficient, yet gentle, and with regular use it clearly leaves the skin looking and feeling softer, smoother and more glowing too. I have not got a lot of stretchmarks, but I have noticed that breakouts on especially my shoulders and back have reduced, so clearly the sugar, which contains naturally occurring AHA is having a positive effect on my skin, in removing clearing up my skin. I also love the fact that it is an Aussie brand, and that it is made with natural vegan friendly organic ingredients, without any of the nasties such as parabens or GMO. It is also so affordable that everyone can afford to try.


Bean Body Coconut Coffee Scrub - RRP: $6.95 / 50g, $10.95 / 100g, $19.95 / 220g

Available from Bean Body Australia and Bean Body Global, and select stockists, see websites for more details.

* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig