25 December 2014

PRODUCT REVIEW: SKIN REPUBLIC BRIGHTENING VITAMIN C FACE MASK SHEET

As you may be aware, the Beauty and Lifestyle Hunter is an official Beautydirectory Expert Panelist. The Beautydirectory the only online resource for the Australian and New Zealand beauty industry, including brands, PRs and media including beauty bloggers like myself, and this esteemed Expert Panel, comprises just fifteen best of the best bloggers/vloggers in Australia - and the Beauty and Lifestyle Hunter is one of those! I am still pinching my arm to make sure I’m not dreaming!

Anyway, today I’d like to share with you a new review on behalf of Beauty Directory, The Skin Republic Brightening Vitamin C Face Mask Sheet;


 


What They Say:
Skin Republic Brightening Vitamin C Face Mask Sheet is a face mask formulated to even out skin tone and reduce the appearance of freckles, age spots and imperfections. It contains brightening, hydrating and radiance-enhancing ingredients, including vitamins C and E, bearberry, mulberry and liquorice. It is also formulated with allantoin to smooth and promote cell replication; rosa centifolia to tighten skin and pores; green tea extract to rejuvenate; coffee bean extract to tighten and reduce the appearance of wrinkles; and cocoa extract to fight free radicals.

RRP: $7.99 - Available from Skin Republic Online


What I Say:
I love cloth masks, but have to be quite honest and admit that I rarely use them, so in fact I have a few up my sleeve waiting to be used. The reason I find I often don’t use them, is mainly due to time, as I find that the pure nature of the cloth mask means that you do have to lie down and relax to avoid the cloth mask slipping off your face – and quite pampering time is not exactly what you have most of when you have a 18 month old toddler running around in the house!


Anyway, onto the Skin Republic Brightening Vitamin C Face Mask Sheet that comes in a plastic pouch that seals in the serum. The mask contains among others Vitamin C to help slow down free-radical damage, Vitamin E to reduce sun damage, reduce skin inflammation, increase firmness, and improve the tone and texture of the skin. It also contains mulberry, liquorice, allatoin, green tea and coffee bean extract, all of which helps bright the skin, increase water contents in the skin and support cells, promote cell replication and healing of wounds and scars, and tightening the skin. 







The instructions say to cleanse and tone your skin first, and then applying the mask leaving it on for 15-20 minutes while resting. Any excess serum left in the pouch can with benefit be applied to the neck, décolleté and hands.


The mask is a little tricky to put onto the face, as it is a little larger than it really needs to be, so until you’ve got it in place, it does seem to slide around a bit. And as it is soaking with the serum, you also have to be careful not to get this into your eyes. Once you got it on, you can just sit back, or ideally lie back and relax until it is time to remove it. And no rinsing necessary. So from that point of view, once you have actually mastered putting it on, it is a lot easier than a messy mud mask. But with the cloth mask you do look a little like an Egyptian mummy wearing it!


 




The actual mask has a lovely fresh fruity yet floral scent that you can only love. And as soon as you’ve folded out the mask and applied it to the face, you can feel the lovely coolness of the serum working its magic on the skin.


Once you remove the mask after the 15 to 20 minutes all the serum has completely absorbed into the skin, and you are left with skin that is not only ever so soft and deeply moisturised but also glowing with health. As for its brightening claims, I have to say that I am not sure that I have noticed any major difference to the evenness of my skintone, but maybe with regular use you would notice a difference. However, it is definitely livening up my skin and making it look more luminous and radiant for hours after I’ve used it.


All in all it is a great mask and I do love how it makes my skin feel so soft and smooth and glowing afterwards, I only wish I could find the time to relax a little more often so I could actually use them more often! 

Twitter | Facebook | Bloglovin | Instagram |

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig