19 September 2018

PRODUCT REVIEW: EMBALM SKINCARE HYDRATING HAND AND BODY WASH AND INVIGORATING BODY SCRUB


Today I’m excited to be talking about an Australian 100% natural skincare brand called Embalm Skincare, with products that are also cruelty-free. I’ve put a couple of products to the test, including the Embalm Skincare Hydrating Hand and Body Wash and the Invigorating Body Scrub.

The Embalm Skincare Hydrating Hand and Body Wash* has been made using a natural ingredient, and non-drying alternative to soap, so it can gentle clean the skin without irritating it, or drying it out, but rather leave the skin feeling soft and supple. The Wash contains among others Lilly Pilly and Quandong extract from the Australian bush, to help heal, protect and rejuvenate the skin, along with Olive Leaf extract to protect and condition. But it also contains a hydrating blend of Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Honey and Vitamin E for extra moisture and nourishment. All while the essential oils of Patchouli, Tangerine, Blood Orange, Lemongrass and Spearmint gives the wash the most refreshing and energising scent.

The wash lathers up to a soft foam, and really does leave the skin feeling so clean, and with that gorgeous scent lingering on the skin - the perfect wake-me-up for the body in the morning.

Then there’s the Embalm Skincare Invigorating Body Scrub*, which is based on a blend of sugar, castor and extra virgin olive oil, buff away dead skin cells, thanks to the natural occurring glycolic acid in the sugar helping to break down the “glue” that bonds skin cells, encouraging cell turnover and generating fresher, younger-looking skin, all while the sugar particles give the skin a topical exfoliation. 

It also contains ingredients such as Australian native Tasmanian Pepper Berry is rich in phyto-chemicals and anti-inflammatory actives to soothe, purify and protect the skin, along with Matcha Green Tea to promote skin elasticity, and essential oils of Lavender, Ylang-Ylang, Ginger and Bergamot to rejuvenate, boost circulation for a more radiant glow, and awaken the senses.

As most body scrubs these days, it come in a large re-sealable pack that you have to cut open and then scoop to the scrub by hand. I have mentioned this before, and I am just not a big lover of this style packaging. It is so difficult to use int he shower when you’ve got wet hands, and scooping it out is hard, without wasting precious product onto the floor. And re-sealing it again, when the two pf the pack is covered in scrub, is near impossible, so you really have to think hard about where you store in when used - I usually like keeping mine in the shower, but unless fully closed that is obviously a bad idea as it will quickly be diluted. Thankfully I’ve kept am old large tub from a body scrub that I keep reusing for my various body scrubs that come in this style packaging. Problem solved - though I wish I didn’t have to do this, and admit that it has deterred me from purchasing a product which I otherwise liked. It may be for cost reasons, or even the environment, but I do wish brands would think about how user friendly the product is - and perhaps offer a refillable tub at a low cost to overcome this issue.


Anyway, rant over.. let’s get back to taking about the scrub, as it is a lovely scrub. It does have a slightly odd scent, and look too with its muddy green shade, but I think its because of the Matcha Green Tea contents which does have great benefits but while I don’t find that it smells divine, its scent hasn’t stopped me from using it - simply because I’ve loved what it has done to my skin. After each use, my skin is feeling so incredibly soft and smooth. I even used some on my extremely dry feet and heels, and the result is amazing, and you can feel all the dead and dry skin cells are gone. And all without irritating or drying out my skin, on the contrary, my is left soft and smooth

Overall, these products are really lovely, and feel so lovely to use too, and I really love the fact that they are Aussie made, and using nothing but 100% natural ingredients, and of course that they are cruelty free too. Really, you can’t go wrong by giving these, or other products from the Embalm range a go, as if you don’t love it, Embalm Skincare backs up their products with a 30 Money Back Guarantee! Love it or return it! How incredible is that!

I can easily see myself repurchasing these again and again, as well as I’d be keen on exploring more product from the range, such as hand and body cream, which sound pretty incredible too.


Embalm Skincare Hydrating Hand and Body Wash - RRP: $51.95 / 250g
Embalm Skincare Invigorating Body Scrub - RRP: $44.95 / 250g

Available from Embalm Skincare


* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.

Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on
Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig