2 January 2018

YOUNGER-LOOKING SKIN WITH FREEZEFRAME - AN ALTERNATIVE TO BOTOX?



One of those brands that long caught my attention has been freezeframe. I mean, just the name alone, freezeframe, says it all. The brand claims that it is Australia’s No.1 Clinical Skincare Brand, offering "clinical strength treatments & instant gratification, the freezeframe brand provides instant effects whilst allowing women to simultaneously treat their underlining beauty problems and achieve progressive long term results." Sounds pretty good if you ask me! So needless to say that I was pretty excited when a selection of products landed on my desk to put to the test.

The freezeframe Boost Serum is an anti-ageing serum that helps to erase under eye bags and puffiness, as well as regenerating the skin for a more youthful look. The formula contains medical active Tissue Respiratory Factory that creates a surge of oxygen in the skin to increase cell metabolism and offer smooth, lifted and firm results. But it claims to be more than an instant bag eraser, also promising to; stimulate cell generation and regeneration, boost collagen and elastin, stimulate wound healing, lift and firm upper and lower eyelid skin, fill in sunken eye lids and sockets, and reduce wrinkle appearance.

The Boost Serum comes in a tiny 12ml tube and I really like that it comes with a metal roller ball that makes it easy to apply and massage into the under eye area. It is quite concentrated so you only need the smallest amount, and as you really only use it as a targeted treatment on specific areas, it will still last you quite a while. The ball has a cooling sensation, and along with the serum, as promised, it really does instantly help reduce puffiness and bags, while also helping to smooth, lift and firm the skin. The serum does claim to be a botox alternative, and while I've never had botox so cannot vouch for that claim, I have found that the skin under my eyes generally looks tighter and smoother, and that fine lines also are less noticeable. The serum can be used all over the face, before your usual serum and moisturiser, and I have also been using it on a frown line between my eyes, and while genetics and years of squinting hasn't been erased, I have again found it to have reduced in depth and appearance.

Then there's the frezeframe Revitaleyes, which is an eye cream which contains three super-strength peptides that combine to create a solution that treats every major symptom of ageing around the eyes. The formula aims to reduce puffiness, droopiness and bags under the eyes as well as reduce dark shadows and relax wrinkles that are prominent around the eye area by 63.23 per cent in 28 days. It also contains vitamin C and hyaluronic acid for a brightening and energising effect, provides an antioxidant action, fights free radicals and boosts collagen production.

The eye cream has a gel-like consistency, and feels silky soft and very moisturising. It promises to instantly erase signs of ageing, stress and fatigue to produce smoother, brighter upper and lower eyelids, while moisturising and energising the tissues, increasing micro-circulation and performing a deep and long lasting anti-wrinkle, anti-bag and anti-dark circle action.

With two little kids, I constantly feel I'm on the go, and feeling sleep deprived, needless to say that I have increasing bags and dark circles under my eyes, so I was pretty keep to try this one out. And I was pleasantly surprised by the immediate result, with lines and circles clearly less noticeable, and after just a few uses, I could clearly see that my eyes in general looked both brighter and dark circles less visible too. Yes, I still have lines, wrinkles, dark circles and bags under my eyes, and I doubt any eye cream can correct that, but I am happy that this cream has made some improvements.

Then there's the freezeframe BB Blur, which is moisturiser, BB cream, blurring product and anti-ageing treatment in one. The multi-purpose gel formula contains brightening beads to correct discolouration and blur wrinkles, pores, pigmentation and other skin imperfections. It also contains kakadu plum to skin from free radical damage, boost collagen production and reduce wrinkles, and leave the skin looking even and free from shine.

The BB Cream is a little different from other BB Creams, in that the gel formula goes onto the skin clear, and then it reacts to your skin tone for the perfect shade match, and surprisingly it is the really good match for my medium beige skin tone.

It only gives the skin a very light coverage, and personally I would have liked it to have a little more coverage, but that's just because of increasing pigmentation and old acne scars that I'd like to cover. But that said, it still managed to blur out and minimise my large pores as well minor skin imperfections, making my skin look more even and glowing, all while looking very natural. I also like that it helps to mattify my combination skin, and keeps the shine at bay most of the day without needing any touch-ups.

Finally, there's the freezeframe Instant V-Lift, which is an anti-ageing treatment that will firm and lift the jawline in 30 minutes, for a more youthful contour that lasts all day. With daily use, powerful marine ingredients work to tighten tissue deep within the skin for a long term lift and youthful jawline that lasts. It can also be used to tighten and firm a saggy neck. Anti-wrinkle and moisturising properties lift and smooth the complexion and provide anti-ageing benefits to the entire face. I have to be honest and admit that I don't have a massive saggy jawline, so it really is difficult to say how effective this cream is. But needless to say that I still wouldn't mind a little 'tightening' up. The cream has a quite thin gel-like consistency, and take a few moments to absorb into the skin, but once it has, the skin is left feeling soft and smooth. And after using the cream every night on my neck and jawline for a few weeks I have to say that I have started noticing some minor improvements, so I'll definitely continue to use this, and hopefully continue to see further results.


Overall I have to say that I am really impressed with the products from freezeframe. I love the simple white tubes, and the fact that several also come with convenient, and not to mention, hygienic pumps. I also love the brightly coloured pink and purple coloured lids, and that the products have next to no scent. I don't quite think that the products 'freezes' time and/or your face to the point of mimicking the supposed effects of botox, but I do love how these products show some instant results, as well as increasing results over time. Yes, they are not cheap, but rather I'd classify them at the mid-luxe range, but in my opinion definitely worth a try, as they definitely a cheaper, and not least less invasive alternative. Freezeframe has quite a large range, depending on what you want to treat, and personally I certainly wouldn't mind trying out a few of their other products including their Whitening range and some of the body products too.


freezeframe Boost Serum - RRP: $59 / 12ml
freezeframe Revitalies - RRP: $69 / 15ml
freezeframe BB Blur - RRP: $49 / 30ml
freezeframe Instant V-Lift - RRP: $69 / 30ml

Available from freezeframe, Priceline, Myer and RY 



* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.  


Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram


Share:

1 comment

  1. These products sound really interesting. I'm particular intrigued with the first one you mentioned, the Boost Serum. I have this one eye that is always slightly swollen and puffy - it's SO ANNOYING. Maybe this product would help it! I would also like to try the blur cream. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig