24 October 2017

PRODUCT REVIEW: L'UNICO LABORATORY PHYTO FRUIT AHA MICRO PEEL AND HIGH POTENCY VITAMIN C SERUM




A little while ago I introduced you to a new luxury skincare brand that has recently been launched in Australia, L'Unico Laboratory. I put a selection of products to the test, which you can read all about here

To refresh, the L'Unico Laboratory is an Australian range that uses European engineered peptides and organic extracts for products that absorb instantly into the skin to help give immediate effective and visible results, protecting, rebuilding and addressing signs of ageing.

L’unico uses nano-sized ingredients that are handcrafted to allow for 100% skin penetration and instant absorption.

All products have an aqueous base with a minimal use of 0.1% of natural oils or plant extract, which allows the formula to be instantly absorbed into the deepest layers of the skin.

L’unico uses advanced variations of peptides to act as a signal to skin cells to make new collagen, improve wrinkles and firmness and reduce pigmentation.

Packaging is 100% light-resistant to guarantee stability within every drop of the formula, protecting against oxidation and deterioration by light.


In my previous post, I tested out the L'Unico Phyto Fruit AHA Micro Peel, level 1, and felt that my skin being used to high strength intensive products, it would cope and benefit more with the slightly stronger, level 2 Phyto Fruit AHA Micro Peel - which today I'm excited to share with you.

These peel pads are truly the perfect solution to an at-home-pampering session. I have two little toddlers, so I am always time poor, so I love that I can use these at home when time permits.

These peel pads are to be used weekly after cleansing, by simply wiping them over your face for 10 minutes avoiding the sensitive eye and lip area before washing it off. The pads are soaked in fruit acids, with a concentrated blend of five botanical extracts including sugar cane, apple, orange, lemon and camellia oleifera leaf, - which combined offer lactic acid, glycolic acid, citric acid, malic acid and tartaric acid, to gently exfoliate the outer layer of the skin, exposing new skin layers that appear brighter, radiant and more even. The pads are available in three different strengths for different skin types, and promise to decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and leave the skin fresher and more glowing and with a more even skin tone. There are three levels of Peel Pads available, level 1, the lowest strength, recommended for fair skin tones, level 2, which are for olive skin types, and finally, level 3, for dark skin tones. Again, I put level 2 to the test this time, and I have a medium beige skin tone.

As I mentioned in my previous feature, these pads are so easy to use. They are so moist that you can continue to wipe the over your face, without drying out. Compared to the lower strength, I did feel a slightly more intense tingle at the first use, but again only ever so slightly, and nothing that really bothered me, as it also seemed to disappear fast. And while I love the effect that I get using level 1, I can definitely tell that these are slightly stronger, as my skin is seriously radiant and glowing after each use, as if I've just walked out of a salon. After just a few uses, my skin also started to look more even, with pigmentation appearing less visible, and my skin in general looking fresher and more rested, consequently younger too more. And as with the level 1, I also feel that these peel pads are helping keep my skin clearer and minimise the amount of breakouts that I get, which is just an added bonus, and why I love them even more.

Now I didn't mention this in my previous review, but you do naturally need to be cautious not getting any of the peel solution into your eyes. I got a bot onto my lips, and while there was no 'damage', the taste wasn't that nice. 


I also spoke previously about the L'Unico High Potency 30% Vitamin C Serum, so I'm not going to go into as much detail again (you can check out my previous review here.) - but essentially this serum contains a highly stable form of Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant which helps prevent cellular ageing by inhibiting the cross-linking of collagen, oxidation of proteins and lipid peroxidation - boosting collagen in the skin, and aiding with the skin's hydration and density, to help reduce the appearance of dark circles and spots and provide UV protection. 


The serum can be used twice and day, and has a beautiful orange scent, and while I do find it slightly greasy, lucky it doesn’t make my blemish prone combination skin break out. And while my skin isn't dry and seemingly craving moisture, it is making my skin feel so soft, and looking glowing, it has also helped reduce the appearance of dark marks from recent breakouts. And from the very first use, That said, I am so loving the effects of these, as the leave my skin looking so much brighter and more radiant and glowing too, and as a bonus, I actually also feel that they help clear up any breakouts that I may have. I am unsure exactly how many pads the pack contains, as the actual packaging doesn’t say, but considering that you are only supposed to use these weekly, I can already tell that these are going to last a long time. Thankfully, as I am so in love with these that I never want the jar to empty out.

And not surprisingly, I am still so in love with L'Unico. I am still in love with the Vitamin C Serum as it seems to do wonders for my skin, and the higher strength Phyto Fruit AHA Micro Peel really is incredible and making a huge visble improvement in the loop and feel of my skin after each and every use.

These products are seriously luxurious, but they really do keep their promise and live up to their claims, so well worth every cent, if you can afford the splurge and want to treat your skin. Personally I don’t ever want those peel pads to run out!


L'Unico Laboratory High Potency 30% Vitamin C Serum - RRP: $100 / 15ml
L'Unico Laboratory Phyto Fruit AHA Micro Peel - RRP: $90 / 118ml

Available from L'Unico Laboratory



* Some products may have been kindly provided for editorial consideration, and have been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy, and reviews are 100% honest and based on personal opinion and experience. Note that The Beauty & Lifestyle Hunter is not a professional or expert, so please do not substitute these opinions as professional advice.



Remember that in between my blog posts you can always keep up with me on Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin or Instagram
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig