11 February 2013

Product Review’ L’Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil

For the past year or so, I have really taken a liking to hair oils, and I realise how much nicer and healthier they make my hair look. Thanks to Beautyheaven I was lucky to get to trial the L’Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil. Here are my thoughts;

 

What They Say:
L’Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil has been specially created to bring out the beauty of every hair type. The rich, non-greasy, and light formula offers an invisible veil over the hair without weighing it down. Floral extracts such as lotus oil, chamomile oil and rose oil nourish, protect, and soften the hair, while adding shine. It can be used every day to keep hair looking neat and fresh, before or after washing your hair, as a weekly treatment, or before colouring your hair.

RRP: $19.95 (100ml) - Available from Priceline and select pharmacies.

What I Say:
Having very long and thick hair that has been through numerous summers, hair colouring sessions, and not to mention countless heat styling sessions, means that my hair often look a little worse for wear – dry at the ends, lacking shine and a little frizzy.

I have really taken a liking to the hair oils as I’ve realised how much benefit they do to my hair, instantly making it look healthier, shinier, and reducing frizz – and over time adding much needed moisture to dry hair. I have tried hair oils varying in price from $10 to $60…and I have to say that I am impressed with the results of the Extraordinary Oil retailing for just $19.95 for a large 100ml bottle – that is considerably cheaper than some of the other hair oils that I have tried.

The hair oil has been made with floral extracts such as lotus oil, chamomile oil and rose oil nourish, protect, and soften the hair, while adding shine.

I do like the fact that the Extraordinary Oil contains six precious oils, but unfortunately one of the main ingredients is still silicone, which can tend to build up in the hair, although I have not experienced this at all with the oil.

It has a lovely floral scent, which however is still very subtle, and which quickly disappears once the oil has been absorbed into the hair.

I love that the Extraordinary Oil is so versatile that it can be used in several ways, including as a touch up to smooth down frizz and add shine, before heat styling treatments to protect the hair, as well as before shampooing as an intensive moisture treatment.

Used in dry hair, to smooth down frizz, I need approx. two pumps in my long hair, smooth it between my hands before stroking over and through my hair, concentrating on the dry ends and areas with frizz. The oil absorbs instantly and leaves the hair looking so healthy – simply much softer, shinier and smoother, and without weighing it down!

Just a word of caution, only a little oil is needed, as otherwise hair can end up looking a little greasy, and make sure to keep away from the hair roots too, again to avoid a greasy look!

Used as a heat protectant before blow drying or straightening my hair, I used 3-4 pumps in my wet hair, and it not only makes it easier to comb, with far less tangles, it also gives my hair a much nicer and sleeker look once I’ve done styling it.

Used as an intensive treatment, I used it overnight, applied 4 or 5 pumps into my hair in the early evening (to avoid getting a greasy pillow) and the next morning after washing my hair, it is so easy to comb. And once dry, it so soft and healthy looking.

The oil comes in a luxurious heavy weight glass amber bottle with a pump, which is a nice touch and very unexpected for a L’Oreal hair product, which usually come in plastic bottles. And although the glass bottle is nice, it is not very practical for travelling or if it should tip over and smash on the bathroom floor! The actual pump is which the lockable cap which is very handy so you can avoid leakages.

All in all it is a great product with so many uses, and seeing it is so concentrated and a little goes a long way, it is also fantastic value for money, so if you are looking for an effective hair oil at a bargain price, this one is definitely worth a try.
*This product was kindly provided by Beautyheaven for trial, and it has been reviewed in accordance with my Disclosure Policy.

 
Have you tried the L’Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil? What is your preferred hair oil?
 
 
 
 
Share:

14 comments

  1. This sounds fantastic, I still love my Macadamia Oil and can't go past that!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the Macadamia Oil....I must put that on the to-do list..

      Delete
  2. I am looking for a new oil treatment for my hair! THis sounds great.

    XO Jenny @ beautykissxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try it because it sounds interesting.Jamaican Black Castor Oil

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this oil and I really like it as well. I have a couple small bottles of Argan oil, but I think I prefer this to those. I also love how versatile it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried the Argan oil either. I do like this one too, definitely good value for money. But would be nice if it came in a smaller travel-friendly (plastic) bottle as well!

      Delete
  5. I really like the Elvive range and have used a few products from it with no complaints. I might have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also always liked the Elvive products, and used them in Europe long before they were launched here in Australia. I was so excited when they were finally launched here!

      Delete
  6. I've been looking at getting this for a while, but really need to finish the hair oils I have. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. Hehehe, Im the same, I have so many hair oils now..and because you use so little, they all last so long time!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig