13 January 2013

Product News: Oscar de la Renta Launching Something Blue

I love perfumes, and I have more than I can count, and probably more than I will ever use, yet I keep buying and getting perfumes. I simply love collecting perfumes.

And now Oscar de la Renta is launching his third women’s fragrance, Something Blue, which is a new bridal fragrance inspired by matrimony….Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue...




Oscar de la Renta is admits that Calvin Klein’s perfume Eternity has links to the idea of everlasting love, and de la Renta jokes that he plans to muscle in in its territory.

Something Blue is a fragrance to cherish forever. Inspired by life’s most magical moments, it is a romantic fragrance, which opens with a sparkling burst of mandarin and linden blossom and warms to an irresistibly sultry finish with notes of bourbon vanilla and white musk. The heart is stephanotis with the flowers picked from de la Renta’s home garden in Punta Cana. Additional notes include stephanotis, lily of the valley and lychee.

Despite the fact that the scent is bridal inspired, de la Renta and his crew of perfumers insist it's still a "lifestyle" fragrance—so you don't need to tie the knot in order to spritz this stuff.
The fragrance was formulated by perfumer Frank Völkl of Firmenich with Ann Gottlieb.

The bottles are made of transparent glass with a blue stopper shaped like a ball. A removable silver ring engraved with the designer’s signature logo is a symbol of Mr. de la Renta’s abiding devotion to his beloved clientele. The ring itself evokes the very act of wedding.





Oscar de la Renta Something Blue will be available in the US on January 17th 2013. At this stage I’m unsure when the perfume will be available in Australia.

I don’t know about you, but I love the sound of this perfume. Personally I love Calvin Klein’s Eternity, I wore it on my wedding day, and is one of the very few perfumes that I have actually repurchased countless times, so even though I don’t plan on ever walking down the isle again, I will definitely be checking out Something Blue.

What about you? Do you like the sound and look of Something Blue? What is your favourite perfume?

 
 
 
 
 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig