8 January 2013

Product News: Essie Launches Sleek Stick Nail Stickers

I absolutely love Essie Nail Polishes; they have the most amazing colour range, and the finish and staying power is fantastic. And very important to me, unlike other nail polishes, they are DBP, Toluene and Formaldehyde free.

It has taken the nail polish brand some time getting on the nail sticker trend, but finally Essie is launching their own range – which for someone like me, who has ten thumbs when it comes to applying nail polish and doing nail art, is just fantastic news.




Essie’s new ‘Sleek Stick' nail wraps come in 12 classy designs.

Unlike other nail stickers which often have very loud patterns, Essies designs are softer and more simple with pastel colors and simple embellishments, supposedly inspired by textures spotted "on the catwalks of New York and Milan."



Top row, left to right; don't cheetah on me, oh my gold!, steel the show, croc 'n chic, love to love you, and so haute!
Second row, left to right; a to zebra, glam it on, sneek-e, embrace the lace, over the moon, and stickers stones.


For those of you who are new to nail stickers, it is very simple. You find a size that fits your nail, stick it on and file the excess off until the sticker matches the length of your nail. That’s it. All done. How easy is that. And if you are careful, they will last you for two weeks. (Good excuse to make hubby do the dishes!!)

The Essie Sleek Stick Nail Wraps include a nail file and cuticle stick.

As always, they are not yet available in Australia, but in the US they retail for US$10.25. I believe that this is a few dollars more than the nail stickers from i.e. Sally Hansen, so when the Essie stickers become available here in Australia in the end of January 2013, I guess we can also expect them to cost a little more than the AUD$14.95 the Sally Hansen stickers retails for here.

Personally I love the look of the ‘Steel the Show’ and ‘Love to Love You’… what about you, what do you think of these nail stickers? Do you plan on getting your hands on any? Or are you a wizz at DIY nail art?



Share:

14 comments

  1. Wow I think these designs look better than the SH ones. I don't think I'd fork out the money for it though :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think they look so much nicer and more stylish...they would be fantastic for a special occasion..

      Delete
  2. I have never tried nail stickers! These look gorgeous! I am interested to try them out if I can get my hands on them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you keep applying new ones as the old ones starts to tear off, it does end up getting a little expensive, and definitely more expensive than a normal nail polish where you get numerous uses out of a bottle, but for special occasions I think they are fantastic!

      Delete
  3. OMG saw these yesterday at target!!! I so want to try!!! I would do the same and only use them for occasions or events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky that they are already available for you to buy, we are always so behind here in Australia!

      Delete
  4. These look so cute :) I suck at nail art!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen Essie stick-ons yet at my drug store. These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sure you will be able to get them soon, and at least a lot sooner than us here in Australia!!

      Delete
  6. Love embrace the lace and over the moon. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look really good, can't wait to get my hands on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, as always, we have to wait a while for things to arrive in Australia!

      Delete

Blog Design Created by pipdig